VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've had both version of masktools dll's in my plugins folder for years. Notably because many popular plugins use the older 1.5.x versions, and many use the 2.x.x versions of masktools. The older dll's are named "masktools.dll", the newer ones are "MT_masktools...dll". Old and new have different dll names and different imbedded function names. If this gets to be a headache (I haven't had any problems), then I have another PC that accomplishes the same thing as follows: keep the "new" dll's in the regular plugins folder. The new dll will automatically load. Make another plugins folder called "plugins2" and keep the old masktools.dll in there. You can always load the older one explicitly with "LoadPlugin()" and give the path to the "plugins2" folder.

A similar case arises with old and new versions of mvtools.

DEdgemask is a function in the older masktools. mt_makediff is a function in the newer masktools.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 26th Oct 2013 at 18:26.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had used QTGMC previoulsy you are right, but not mt_masktools-25
    Anyway I was toggling back & forth with the error msgs as I tried masktools or mt_masktools-25 .... as you suggest put both of them in there at same time and it fixed things
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Again, nice work. Yes, ye olde cantankerous Avisynth upgrade/multiple version jumble rears its stupid head now and then. Ordinarily, there are few such multiple version problems: either the old one works, or the new one. With mvtools and masktools, some people run a script with old versions and filters, then another script with newer stuff. But most of the time, you don't have to get involved with the quick-change olympics.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So far vthe scripts are slow-running. They do a lot of work. Attached is another Clip1, with a single script that runs in less than half the time as the others. The difference is a bit more noise, less smooth edges, slightly less clarity, etc., but sometimes that can be more than tolerable and difficult to discern from other versions. The "faster" script uses plugins you should have by now.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by sanlyn; 27th Oct 2013 at 07:53.
    Quote Quote