VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi!!!
    Just saw the same problem on another post, but no answer on how to fix it?? When I start the program, it just says common language runtime debugging services, and application has generated an exeption that could not be handled , process id=0xb1c (2844), Thread id=0xb24 (2852)
    Any possible quickfixes??? I am running xp pro in german, and have an amd 2000+ with 1 gig ram (ddr 266)
    any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Randy

grey.zone(at)angelfire.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is due to a wacky .Net floating point error. It is totally random in who it affects. Make sure you have the latest build. Can you use another PC?

Failing that the only way I have been able to fix this for the other 2 or 3 affected users is to locate the line of code which triggers the FP error by trying lots of custom builds. It is easier to do this over MSN Messenger. Let me know if you want to try.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    Maybe its because my win xp is on G (dont ask)
    Anyway, installed your excellent program on my laptop (2500+), and it runs just fine so far... a bit of pushing stuff back and forth over the network doesnt bother me..
    Thanks!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. {S7} Quicksilver
    This may a reason as well.

I too have gotten the common language error. What I did to "maybe" fix this was uninstall the SVCD2DVDMPG (non plus version) and reinstall the .Net service then reinstall the SVCD2DVDMPG. Afterwards, the program worked like a charm. Admittedly I have not done this numerous times nor have I tried it on multiple PC's but, experience has shown me that this may be the reason for the "whaky" behavior of the program.

Oh and Chrissyboy, you have great customer service and lots of patience. Top that with great tutorials, you should be a millionaire in no time; just remember me and send some my way
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    great customer service and lots of patience. Top that with great tutorials, you should be a millionaire in no time
    Thanks for the kind words - but I won't be giving up my day job!
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote