VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I just purchased PavTube BluRay Ripper software so I can convert some of my movies to Mp4 to watch on my tablet (Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition) The device has a resolution of 2560x1600. The conversion option I used was Android Tablets 1080P option.

The outputted file had the following:

Video

Frame Width - 1920
    Frame Height - 1072
    Data Rate - 2496kbps
    total bitrate - 2624kbps
    frame rate - 24 fps

Audio
    bitrate - 127kbps
    channels 2
    audio sample - 48hhz

My issue is it didn't seem to look HD, there definitely was some pixelation
    going on. Any ideas?

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Increase the bitrate.

And try better converters/shrinkers like vidcoder or ripbot264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, what do you recommend I raise it to? With the previous settings the file was about 1.2 GB, Would like to keep it around 3GB-4GB without pixelation
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    5000-8000kbps and it will be 2-3x bigger with better quality.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I used a bitrate of 8127 and the file size is 5.7GB, but it looks great on my tablet. Last question, is there any reason that my exported file is showing up at 1920 x 1072, how did the height lost 8? Is this really a problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. It depends on the video aspect ratio. If it's 16:9 it'll be 1920x1080. For anything wider it'll include black bars top and bottom which the program probably removes before encoding what's left (that's pretty normal). So for a video with a 2.4:1 aspect ratio you may end up with 1920x800, as an example.

Sometimes there's no black bars as such but the edges aren't "clean" so a few pixels will be cropped (the same can apply to the sides, not just top and bottom). Or sometimes the "auto-cropping" gets it's wrong and removes some picture it shouldn't be removing. 8 pixels doesn't sound like much to be worried about though.
    Quote Quote