VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive (freeware even better!) Blu-ray Authoring software that supports TrueHD & DTS-HD MA audio formats. Just your basic menus & chapters -- no other frills & fancy.

I've been using tsMuxer which works great but I can't add any menus.

I have both Adobe Encore & Sony Vegas from my work --- but Encore doesn't support TrueHD (Only DTS-HD MA) and Vegas doesn't support either without additional plugins.

I have a few M2TS files (AVC 1080p) with both TrueHD & DTS-HD MA audio and I'm trying to create a simple blu-ray disc with a simple menu structure that can play these files. And again, tsMuxer did the job - except for Menus.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried multiAVCHD? It's free. I don't know about what audio it supports as my main BluRay player won't play what it creates (this is a rare problem) and I'm also not real thrilled with the current documentation for it, so I don't use it. But you could take a look and see if it meets your needs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Have you tried multiAVCHD? It's free. I don't know about what audio it supports as my main BluRay player won't play what it creates (this is a rare problem) and I'm also not real thrilled with the current documentation for it, so I don't use it. But you could take a look and see if it meets your needs.
    Thanks jMan --- I'm looking at multiAVCHD in detail. I know it supports DTS-HD, but I'm not finding info on TrueHD. I need to look a little closer though. If it does support TrueHD, this would be what I'm looking for.
    I don't suffer from Chronic Insanity & Psychosomatic Multiple Personality Disorder!
    I enjoy every moment of it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    multiavchd supports true 1080p hd. are you talking 1080p 59fps? The question is will your blu-ray player support it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    NOTHING cheap or free supports either dts-hd-ma or truehd. To get either of those, you have to pay the big bucks.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. @jbitakis, TrueHD is an audio format.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    NOTHING cheap or free supports either dts-hd-ma or truehd. To get either of those, you have to pay the big bucks.

Scott
    You're right, but there is 1 freeware that supports dts-ma and truehd - easybd lite . But the free/lite version is quite limited in terms of what menu/features it supports
    Quote Quote