VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I live in the US and I'm learning Norwegian. When I was visiting Norway a couple weeks ago, I picked up several movies to help me continue to improve my listening skills.

I have a region-free DVD player (LG, the model is DP132H), so my movies play just fine, but I didn't realize that PAL speed-up was a thing until I got back home, and I can't figure out how to deal with it. Most of the movies I picked up are animated Disney features and it's really irritating when all the songs are in a slightly higher key than they should be. I know how to correct the issue when I'm watching in VLC, but I'd much rather use the actual TV than my computer.

So, does anyone know of a way I can get VLC's 4% slow-down and pitch correction (or the equivalent effects) when I'm just watching on my DVD player? (This includes preserving subtitles.) I'd prefer a minimally technical solution, but I haven't been able to find any relevant settings on the player itself.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Farglesnot View Post
    I'd prefer a minimally technical solution, but I haven't been able to find any relevant settings on the player itself.
    The player won't do it. You have to reencode everything. AVSToDVD is probably the program of choice for this but ... BUT ... you'll lose the original menus and they'll be replaced with a really barebones menu. I don't know if or how it handles subtitles. Someone more knowledgeable about the program will probably come along.

Or, you can ask in the AVSToDVD main support thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread
    Quote Quote