VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I get a "check disc" message when I put my burned copy of Spider-Man in my Toshiba SD-3800 DVD Player. However, I can watch the movie fine on my comp in WinDVD. Can somebody please help me? What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you sure that your DVD player supports CD-R/W media?

Get out the manual. If it doesn't say so explicitly, then it doesn't.

To check, burn an audio CD on the same media to see if that will play properly.

What you can try is to experiment with different brands of media if this is the case. Often CD-RW discs work better in these players.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  3. But I am using DVD+R discs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should have mentioned that on top...

In any case, it is similar. Recordable DVDs are not really all that compatible and I think that you still have a media compatibility problem here...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. So its not something I am doing wrong with the copying process? What should I do? Purchase a different player? Please help...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have the 3805 and it plays DVD-Rs OK. Don't know about DVD+R, the Toshiba web site says it plays DVD-R but doesn't list DVD+R. You don't say what brand of media you're using. You may have to try a couple of different brands before you find one the player likes. I hear that people often have to do this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Its FujiFlim DVD+R
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the replies. I went out and bought a different DVD player and they play the +R's perfectly. Bought I still would like to play the +Rs on my PS2. Can you do that?
    Quote Quote