VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 33
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Tested, you issue cannot be replicated.
    All fine here, no flashes nor artifacts.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ProWo, yes i've done a few encodes now adding subtitles, works really nicely found the best setting setting for bit-rate is 15. Maybe the problem i was getting with a setting of 0 was the bit rate was too high and couldn't be bandled by my player MPC-HC it had subtitles.

Does the encoding speed effect quality? must admit the frame rate seems about the same if its set to high or low also cpu is pretty much maxed in hi or low setting.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cineman View Post
    Does the encoding speed effect quality? must admit the frame rate seems about the same if its set to high or low also cpu is pretty much maxed in hi or low setting.
    No, but file size. Medium gives a little smaller file then veryfast.
    But faster then veryfast isnt recommended.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Newest beta (v3.1.1.02), online now.
    Fixed: created chapters with short title missing, bitmap subtitle burn in issue with wrong sizes.
    Added: (subtitles burn in): automatic scale and allignment for bitmap subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. July 03, 2023 release version 3.1.2.
    Fixed: Created chapters with short title missing, bitmap subtitle burn in issue with wrong sizes.
    Added: Info link for tonemap and desat (HDR10 to SDR), (subtitles burn in): automatic scale and allignment for bitmap subtitles.
    Improved: DVD Rip imports all streams now.
    Changed: Audio channels remap for all reasonable combinations.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Newest beta (v3.1.2.01), online now.
    Improved: raw h264/hevc videostream handling.
    Added: dat videofile(vcd/svcd) handling.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Newest beta (v3.1.2.02), online now.
    Fixed: bug in raw h264/hevc videostream handling.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

First i want thank you for this great software! i use it often to fix errors in videostreams and to cut videos taken from a 20 years old sony dv-cam

now my questions.

is it possible to skip one frame back in videopreview (ffplay) like the "S" skips one frame forward? this would be very usefull.
    and is it possible to rotate a video WITHOUT reencoding? i have files taken with my smartphone but the camera software writen wrong aspect in the files, vertical instead landscape.

thank you and have a great weekend!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    is it possible to skip one frame back in videopreview (ffplay) like the "S" skips one frame forward?
    No, because ffplay has no shortcut for back one frame.
    Use virtualdub2 instead for video navigation.

Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    and is it possible to rotate a video WITHOUT reencoding?
    This is possible by changing the metadata.
    But it only works with players that read this change.
    In the next beta I will add a possibility to change this metadata.
    Also I will add the video rotation as an option in the video encoding section.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    thank you for your quick responce!

i will try vdub next time.

and i will definitive try the rotation and give feedback!

one question left, is it possible that you add a option in the encoding menu to set a fixed file size?

best regards
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Lexi View Post
    one question left, is it possible that you add a option in the encoding menu to set a fixed file size?
    This would result in a loss of quality.
    The best encoding method is via the CRF value, at least for h264(avc) and hevc.
    However, you can make a test series with different CRF values, keeping in mind the file size.
    Then you can find the value that is the best compromise between file size and quality for you.
    You can then work with that in the future.
    Also don't forget the audio size, often you can save space by recoding to a more efficient codec (e.g. aac), which you can add to the video stream.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Newest beta (v3.1.2.03), online now.
    Improved: raw h264/hevc handling.
    Changed: various options/settings handling in main section and video encoding section, selected streams handling in multiplex section..
    Added: rotate without reencoding (metadata only, main section), rotate and flip (video encode section).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Newest beta (v3.1.2.03), online now.

Added: rotate without reencoding (metadata only, main section), rotate and flip (video encode section).
    tested 4 videos (rotate without reencoding) and it works perfectly! checked with vlc 3.0.18, mpc-hc (2.0.0.96 beta) and libreelec 11.0.1 (rpi4, kodi 20.1).

thank you so much! i searched a tool that can do this for mounth!

again, thank you so much!

have a nice day and best regards
    Quote Quote  
  14. Newest beta (v3.1.2.04), online now.
    Changed: raw h264/hevc video stream handling again.
    Improved: start screen.
    Added: automatic scale change with rotate 90° cw/ccw in encoding section.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hello Prowo,

Thank you for this software.

I am facing trouble with the audio encoding with version 3.1.2.
    When I try a downmix 5.1 to 2, the encode button stays hidden.

It was working fine with 3.1.1 version.
    I am wondering if it is specific to my setup or an issue with this version.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by barbaric View Post
    Hello Prowo,

Thank you for this software.

I am facing trouble with the audio encoding with version 3.1.2.
    When I try a downmix 5.1 to 2, the encode button stays hidden.

It was working fine with 3.1.1 version.
    I am wondering if it is specific to my setup or an issue with this version.
    Thanks for the hint.
    This bug will be fixed in the next beta.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Newest beta (v3.1.2.05), online now.
    Fixed: bug in audio 5.1 to 2 ch conversion, bug in HDR10+ cll value detection.
    Changed: ffmpeg version detection.
    Improved: main menu button handling, start screen handling, audiostream handling with multiple audiostreams.
    Added: Fix Timstamps with given FPS reading.
    Quote Quote  
  18. July 27, 2023 release version 3.1.3.
    Fixed: bug in audio 5.1 to 2 ch conversion, bug in HDR10+ cll value detection, bug in audio volume handling.
    Improved: raw h264/hevc videostream handling, start screen handling, main menu button handling, audiostream handling with multiple audiostreams, smoother form changing, audio channels handling.
    Changed: various options/settings handling in main section and video encoding section, selected streams handling in multiplex section, ffmpeg version detection.
    Added: dat videofile(vcd/svcd) handling, rotate video without reencoding (metadata only, main section), rotate and flip, automatic scale change with rotate 90° cw/ccw (video encode section), fix timestamps by reading with given framerate.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hello, thank you very much for this tool. I would like to know if it is possible to batch convert a track with this? Specifically, I want to batch convert .ac3 audio files into .ac3 audio files but from 23,976 fps to 25 fps with pitch correction. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by darkmaster006 View Post
    Hello, thank you very much for this tool. I would like to know if it is possible to batch convert a track with this? Specifically, I want to batch convert .ac3 audio files into .ac3 audio files but from 23,976 fps to 25 fps with pitch correction. Thank you.
    Change ac3 pitch + length from 23.976 fps to 25.000 fps
    (with source = 41.1kHz, 2ch, target=48kHz, 2ch, 160 Kps):

FFmpeg.exe -i source.ac3 -af asetrate=41100*1.042709 -c:a ac3 -b:a 160k -ar 48000 target.ac3
    As you can see, the whole thing is not so trivial.
    A batch conversion is only useful if all source ac3 have exactly the same parameters.
    If this is the case, you can use the example to write your own batch file.
    Last edited by ProWo; 2nd Aug 2023 at 04:00. Reason: added commandline example
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hello, is it possible to do framerate conversions to audio files only (avoiding video re-encoding/processing), but using videos as input files?
    I mean, let's say I have a 24 fps MKV video file, and I want to change the framerate from one of its audio tracks to "23,976", so the output
    should be another audio track with a different framerate.

By the way, is there a chance of adding "delay" to tracks? By the way, what's the "offset" meaning for audio/video files?
    Should it indicate an already applied delay for the processed files?

And regarding input values' fields, it would be great to have "drop down menus" with predefined
    values to choose from, instead just tiny up/down arrows or having to input the values manually.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by darkmaster006 View Post
    Hello, thank you very much for this tool. I would like to know if it is possible to batch convert a track with this? Specifically, I want to batch convert .ac3 audio files into .ac3 audio files but from 23,976 fps to 25 fps with pitch correction. Thank you.
    Change ac3 pitch + length from 23.976 fps to 25.000 fps
    (with source = 41.1kHz, 2ch, target=48kHz, 2ch, 160 Kps):

FFmpeg.exe -i source.ac3 -af asetrate=41100*1.042709 -c:a ac3 -b:a 160k -ar 48000 target.ac3
    As you can see, the whole thing is not so trivial.
    A batch conversion is only useful if all source ac3 have exactly the same parameters.
    If this is the case, you can use the example to write your own batch file.
    Thank you very much for the help; yes, I think they have the same parameters, I will try it out!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    Hello, is it possible to do framerate conversions to audio files only (avoiding video re-encoding/processing), but using videos as input files?
    I mean, let's say I have a 24 fps MKV video file, and I want to change the framerate from one of its audio tracks to "23,976", so the output
    should be another audio track with a different framerate.
    Yes of course. Load your mkv, click main, click encode audiostream, select your audiostream, click go to the encoder, make your settings and click encode.
    When it's done, you'll find your new audio file in the target folder

Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    By the way, is there a chance of adding "delay" to tracks? By the way, what's the "offset" meaning for audio/video files?
    Should it indicate an already applied delay for the processed files?.
    This makes no sense, an audio delay is only useful in relation of the audio stream to the video stream.
    The offset is the difference to the optimal start time of the stream (zero).
    A difference of the audio stream offset to the videostream offset results in an audiodelay (positive or negative).

And regarding input values' fields, it would be great to have "drop down menus" with predefined
    values to choose from, instead just tiny up/down arrows or having to input the values manually.
    Thanks.
    This has no advantage, but rather disadvantages.
    How else can you encode a video with a frame rate of 12.73 fps, for example, if the input field only provides fixed values?
    This layout remains as it is and will not be changed.
    Last edited by ProWo; 3rd Aug 2023 at 02:32.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yes of course. Load your mkv...
    Great.

This makes no sense, an audio delay is only useful in relation of the audio stream to the video stream.
    The offset is the difference to the optimal start time of the stream (zero).
    A difference of the audio stream offset to the videostream offset results in an audiodelay (positive or negative).
    That's precisely the reason I would need to use that feature, since I'm dealing with a movie which is running at "23,976",
    and I'm needing to multiplex one of their dubbing tracks into another version, which runs at "24" fps. I would need to
    convert the framerate with pitch correction, but since there is a slightly difference at the beginning of the target movie
    (a few silence seconds), I will also have to workaround that issue, in order the dub's synchro matches perfectly with the target movie.

I know I could simply add the needed delay amount to the relevant track using tools like MKVToolNix, but why not
    dealing with the issue all at the same time, with your tool instead? I already tried two different tools which will allow me
    to make framerate conversions, but none of them have what's needed to complete the process straightforwardly:

While "MeGUI" will allow me to input the needed dubbing track, select the from/to FPS values and even add
    a desired delay, its menu of available "predefined" framerates values is lacking specifically the one I'm needing (23,976>24).

On the other hand, "FFMPEG Audio Encoder" will allow me to select the specific framerate values I'm needing,
    but has no options regarding adding delay values, so I will need to add it manually later, with another tool or just edit the audio track.

This has no advantage, but rather disadvantages....
    What I mean is allow the users to have a list of predefined, "common", framerate's values to choose from,
    and still giving the chance of adding an specific value manually, but just if needed. I think it will be just
    make the process quicker for most cases. A similar scenario respect other parameters' selection, why to make
    several clicks to find the exact value you are needing, when you could simply make two, if using a drop-down menu?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    I know I could simply add the needed delay amount to the relevant track using tools like MKVToolNix, but why not
    dealing with the issue all at the same time, with your tool instead?
    Insert the desired delay im milliseconds into the audiostreams delay field.
    A positive value means that the audio stream starts AFTER the video stream by this value.
    A negative value means that the audiostream will start by this value BEFORE the videostream.

[Attachment 72870 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  26. Newest beta (v3.1.3.01), online now.
    Changed: start screen again, loading hevc video without scan type info presuming progressive, audiostream selection with multiple audiostreams, filterchain in videoencoding, HDR to SDR encoding with all avaiable videocodecs (not only hevc), moved HDR settings to various.
    Fixed: encode button visible after encoding start in audioencoding, automatic 8 Bit bitdepth selection for videostreams without bitdepth info.
    Added: automatic DAR selection with DVD resolutions.
    Quote Quote  
  27. [QUOTE=ProWo;2700045]
    dealing with the issue all at the same time, with your tool instead?
    Insert the desired delay im milliseconds into the audiostreams delay field.
    A positive value means that the audio stream starts AFTER the video stream by this value.
    A negative value means that the audiostream will start by this value BEFORE the videostream.
    That would mean going the other way around regarding what I mentioned before, since
    there would be needed two separate tasks, instead of doing it all at once. Ideally, the resultant
    file's properties should keep the same way as those from the original elementary audio streams
    which were used as source, like in a "stream copy" process, with no further file format conversions.

By the way, besides the obvious "less clicks" advantage of choosing values from "drop-down" menus,
    is that of a no error prone approach, that which involves sometimes having to enter "exact" values manually.

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Newest beta (v3.1.3.02), online now.
    Fixed: HDR to SDR with h265 bug.
    Added: dvd_subtitle (vobsub) mux to mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    That would mean going the other way around regarding what I mentioned before, since
    there would be needed two separate tasks, instead of doing it all at once. Ideally, the resultant
    file's properties should keep the same way as those from the original elementary audio streams
    which were used as source, like in a "stream copy" process, with no further file format conversions.
    In any case you have to do two tasks, first the audio conversion (e.g. from 25fps to 23.976fps) and then the muxing of the newly created audio file with the video stream.
    Quote Quote  
  30. [QUOTE=ProWo;2700176]
    In any case you have to do two tasks, first the audio conversion (e.g. from 25fps to 23.976fps) and then the muxing of the newly created audio file with the video stream.
    Given the limitation, after converting the framerate with your tool, in case I need to a add few seconds of delay
    to an audio stream, I would just do it with MKVToolNix, so to avoid unneeded multiplexing tasks. This would mean
    quite a lot, mostly when dealing with UHD repacks. I wanted to avoid doing it with MKVToolNix in first place due to
    the reason some relatively old TVs won't play files which have a certain amount of added dalay.
    Quote Quote