VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

Looks like those who managed to make their UHD player play BDXL is by burning ISO only on 2 layers.
    So, I'm wondering how to burn only on 2 layers ?

1. Which software do you guys use ?
    2. How do you set that software in order to only burn on 2 layers ?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by WellingtonFR View Post
    Hi everyone,

Looks like those who managed to make their UHD player play BDXL is by burning ISO only on 2 layers.

CloneBD can do this. I have chatted with someone at https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/clonebd.89/ (other threads as well). But, DVDfab can do this as well. I have no personal experience with this though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by TheEmpathicEar View Post
    Originally Posted by WellingtonFR View Post
    Hi everyone,

CloneBD can do this. I have chatted with someone at https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/clonebd.89/ (other threads as well). But, DVDfab can do this as well. I have no personal experience with this though.

Thank you TheEmpathicEar !
    I will try CloneBD.
    Regarding DVDFab, I haven't seen options regarding layers. When using the 1:1 Copy, when using BD100 option it displays a warning message saying that most player does not support BDXL and therefore the output format is only ISO (not able to burn it)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by WellingtonFR View Post
    Originally Posted by TheEmpathicEar View Post
    Originally Posted by WellingtonFR View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank you TheEmpathicEar !
    I will try CloneBD.
    Regarding DVDFab, I haven't seen options regarding layers. When using the 1:1 Copy, when using BD100 option it displays a warning message saying that most player does not support BDXL and therefore the output format is only ISO (not able to burn it)
    According to folks here and at the site I linked to above, there may only be one player that supports BDXL.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    1. Will this allow folks to play UHD Blu-Ray video discs [BDXL]?
    2. How much does it cost?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi all,

is any dp-ub820 owner willing to check if a BD-XL disc burned on 2 layers plays well?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DoDe View Post
    Hi all,

is any dp-ub820 owner willing to check if a BD-XL disc burned on 2 layers plays well?
    I purchased a Panasonic DP-UB820 a week ago via Best Buy & returned it... when installing the BD-XL disk into the machine, it says, Unrecognized Disc - NOT Playable.
    The movie 47 Ronin copied to a Verbatim BDXL using ImageBurn UDF250 - I also own a Sony X800M2 it will play this disk to a certain point the skips & quit. However,
    if you write to a Verbatim BDXL disc and keep it under 60gigs the Sony X800M2 will read and play the BDXL disc with NO problems what so ever... I have played apx.
    10 to 12 BDXL disc on this Sony UNDER 60gigs with NO Problem... JUST FYI
    Quote Quote  
  8. I come here to ask for help. I have the PANASONIC ub9000 reader and do not recognize BD-R XL. Neither vergins nor recorded in two layers. If that is the case, this expensive player is a disappointment because there is a limited bd-r 50g disc which is very bad. Does anyone know if there is a formation of this player to re-read these discs br-r xl?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rlf1983 View Post
    I come here to ask for help. I have the PANASONIC ub9000 reader and do not recognize BD-R XL. Neither vergins nor recorded in two layers. If that is the case, this expensive player is a disappointment because there is a limited bd-r 50g disc which is very bad. Does anyone know if there is a formation of this player to re-read these discs br-r xl?
    see the pdf guide here - https://help.panasonic.ca/viewing/ALL/DP-UB9000P/OI/TQBS0286/TQBS0286.pdf
    other reports say that the Europe version will play them - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388243-BluRay-Player-with-BDXL-Support post #7
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I come here to ask for help. I have the PANASONIC ub9000 reader and do not recognize BD-R XL. Neither vergins nor recorded in two layers. If that is the case, this expensive player is a disappointment because there is a limited bd-r 50g disc which is very bad. Does anyone know if there is a formation of this player to re-read these discs br-r xl?
    see the pdf guide here - https://help.panasonic.ca/viewing/ALL/DP-UB9000P/OI/TQBS0286/TQBS0286.pdf
    other reports say that the Europe version will play them - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/388243-BluRay-Player-with-BDXL-Support post #7
    There seems to some consensus that because the http://www.blu-raydisc.com/ has not specified an official way to author these discs that, Panasonic in this case, the manufacturer(s) can not claim the ability to handle them?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

My panasonic Ub player ub9000 does not play Bd-r xl. I recorded 5 and nothing ... even the virgin Bd-r xl doesn't recognize it. So I think that the player is not prepared for this type of disc. the Bd-r xl I bought were these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verbatim-Blu-ray-Disc-20-Spindle-100GB-4X-Speed-BD-R-XL-Print...4/264588062324 ? ssPageName = STRK% 3AMEBIDX% 3AIT & _trksid = p2057872.m2749.l2649 am disappointed with this reader, according to a top of the range ... I hope someone helps me ...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

My panasonic Ub player ub9000 does not play Bd-r xl. I recorded 5 and nothing ... even the virgin Bd-r xl doesn't recognize it. So I think that the player is not prepared for this type of disc. the Bd-r xl I bought were these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verbatim-Blu-ray-Disc-20-Spindle-100GB-4X-Speed-BD-R-XL-Print...4/264588062324 ? ssPageName = STRK% 3AMEBIDX% 3AIT & _trksid = p2057872.m2749.l2649 am disappointed with this reader, according to a top of the range ... I hope someone helps me ...
    how fast are you burning your discs ??
    did you try slowing down your burn speed ?
    also what program did you use to burn the discs
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

how fast are you burning your discs ??
    did you try slowing down your burn speed ?
    also what program did you use to burn the discs
    Good afternoon. Given the information I read here on the forum I make an iso image of the ultra-hd disc. Then I record with the iImgBurn program without disturbing the settings. One of the times I recorded with ImgBurn and reduced it to 1x the recording I gave an error. I don't know what to do anymore ... this ubuntu 9000 from panasonic should read these discs because they are only recorded in two layers
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Bravvv View Post
    Yes it's possible, but just with the video-movie and only one audio-track, many of 4K BD-Disc will be more 50Gb...

Good afternoon. I have ub9000 and have not been able to reproduce bd-r xl? how does the video film?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are posts in this thread which state that the Panasonic DP-UB900 can play BD-R XL media. So far I have found nothing at VideoHelp or elsewhere claiming that the Panasonic DP-UB9000, which is a newer model, can do the same.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    There are posts in this thread which state that the Panasonic DP-UB900 can play BD-R XL media. So far I have found nothing at VideoHelp or elsewhere claiming that the Panasonic DP-UB9000, which is a newer model, can do the same.
    Thanks for clarifying this. In my above post, I was conflating the two models. It is the UB900 that I first heard about at another forum that linked to this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I uploaded illustrations taken from the PDF manual covers of the DP-UDP900 and DP-UDP9000 showing the different appearances of two models.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Panasonic DP-UB900.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	54234  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panasonic DP-UB9000.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	54235  

Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all !
    I can also confirm, that Verbatim BDXL works with Sony 800M2 (EU model).
    Created ISO with DVDfab and burned the disc with IMGburn (x2 speed with verification)
    The film was Bad Boys Forever (58,9 GB).
    It was burned with ASUS BW 16D1HT, with UHD friendly firmware v3.00.
    Works great !

//Per
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oppo 203EU also plays BD-XL , but max 66GB/2 layer.
    Same disc and method as on the Sony 800M2.
    //Per
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Per you say the oppo 203 eu plays back bdxl but i have tried and doesn't work. do you have the instructions on how you burn the disc using UHD friendly firmware v3.00.

we may get a solution to the issues though, Just read the PS5 will be using a BDXL drive and seems like the Xbox Series X is using the same.

will have to wait till released and test
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Hey Per you say the oppo 203 eu plays back bdxl but i have tried and doesn't work. do you have the instructions on how you burn the disc using UHD friendly firmware v3.00.

we may get a solution to the issues though, Just read the PS5 will be using a BDXL drive and seems like the Xbox Series X is using the same.

will have to wait till released and test
    I see that I forgot to mention that I use the JB firmware.
    I create an ISO file of the disc with DVDfab and burn it with IMGburn at 2x speed.
    Used only Verbatim discs.
    Works on my unit...
    The friendly firmware is a DVDfab program, that will "downgrade" your burners firmware to be UHD friendly.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    has anyone who got to try the new xbox or ps5 able to try a burnt bdxl disc to see if it plays.

both consoles apparently come with bdxl drives
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    has anyone tried a burnt bdxl disc in the new ps5 or xbox yet
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    My first post
    I read a lot here so i wanted to share my experience.
    I Got Oppo 203 Player and it seems that the 66GB limitation is WRONG regarding to that player.
    After many experiments i managed to play 80% of my burnet Verbatim BDXL-100 from beginning to end on ALL 3 LAYERS. the other 30% are just skipping to the next chapter as the problem seems to lay on the transition from the first to second layer. Actually the 3rd layer is always playable seamlessly once the player passes the second layer. i use verbatim M-Disc 100GB and i burn at x2 with Imgburn. ISO created with Imgburn also. strange thing: sometimes the player give "unrecognize disc" error but after wiping it with microfiber it recognizes the disc. so i started wiping the disc even before burning.
    PS. Anyone tried playing BDXL movies on PS5 or XBOX Series X? if anyone can confirm that it works well i will buy one right away
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Looks like BDXL a no go on the xbox series x.

From what I have read the series x uses the same disc drive as they do in the one x

anyone tried the ps5 as the ps5 drive is said to be BDXL drive.

My friends weren't able to get a ps5 but as soon as one of them does i will try my copy of Death Wish 4k
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I wish someone will test the PS5. i can live without Dolby vision as HDR10 seems brighter and more vivid to me on my LG CX
    Quote Quote  
  27. I have the Ps5 and the Xbox Series X and I confirm that my BDXL donīt work.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by zizux View Post
    I have the Ps5 and the Xbox Series X and I confirm that my BDXL donīt work.

Hi, and for 2 layers ?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    has anyone had any luck with any newer machines that can handle bdxl, so far only 2 machines work Panasonic d900 which can do both 100gb 66gb ok but no dolby vision, the sony u700 can do 66gb but not 100gb

very strange the ps5 doesn't work.

has to be a way around this issue.
    Quote Quote