VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, mates! Need help here:
    I've got two different versions of the same material, encoded in differrent software/hardware/parameters and time in the past. Don't have original anymore.
    Well, now I'm trying to create a third version w/ video from Version1 and audio from Version2. Result: audio synching issue!
    See attached the properties of the two files.
    Thanks in advance!!!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by rilopes; 12th Nov 2020 at 08:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. How is it out of sync ? Constant offset? Progressively worsening ? In and out of sync ?

In theory you should be able to use mkvtoolnix, load the videos, checkmark streams you want, uncheckmark streams that you don't want

But version2 is variable frame rate according to mediainfo - that might give you problems. You might have to play with timecodes or check the video frames and audio duration more closely
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think you're right: variable frame rate of Version2 is the problem. I have never seen it! All methods I tried gave me out-of-synch result. And it's not time shift or duration issues.
    How do I deal w/ timecodes?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can try using Hybrid with the audio and video set to passthrough, I believe it automatically extracts and applies timecodes. I don't know if this is useful.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'll try, thanks! Little busy now, but will post results here.
    Cheers!
    Quote Quote