+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. will the potplayer forum open?

https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21140

in November they announced that the forum would close this year
    and it is not known if it will open ?
    when will it open ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why do you not take a look at MPC-BE? It is Open Source and it doesn't violate GNU GPL
    The developers also created a dedicated Video Renderer - MPC Video Renderer. It is also Open Source and it also supports HDR in newer versions.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Official forum is http://cafe.daum.net/pot-tool/AZMV
    And it does not appear that the player will be discontinued.
    Quote Quote  
  4. rtioto - I don't know, developer wanted to close the forum earlier, but perhaps users wanted to preserve it.

Havokdan - that is the Korean forum, link to English forum is at official PotPlayer site, so I think it's the official forum too.

flashandpan007 - your post is off topic, I already wrote which features I need in this topic PotPlayer replacement - MPC-BE is probably the second best player, but I still miss too many features from PotPlayer, I didn't use them before I found PotPlayer, but now I need them.
    I know that if someone never used some features, he thinks that he does not need them, some users don't want to explore all the program settings, but I'm always checking all setting in every program, lot of them are useful, save time, clicks, or make usage better - anyway, we can continue in the other topic.
    BTW MPC-BE doesn't have a real forum either, just one topic for all suggestions and bugs, good forum with topics like bugs, feature requests, help, etc. is important.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Havokdan - that is the Korean forum, link to English forum is at official PotPlayer site, so I think it's the official forum too.
    I've never seen a developer post there ... remembering that PotPlayer is a Korean player. I didn't want to belittle the site, I even think the developer might have been there, but he certainly doesn't interact with it. What I saw often was someone posting a bug or request, and a user from there taking the question on the Korean forum, in which the developer responded and that user brought the answer to the English forum.
    Quote Quote