VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I watch disney's onward with VLC player, every few minutes the video would pause for a few seconds while the audio continues. I checked the dvd and see no scratches or obvious defects.

What is the next best software dvd player for win10 that does not use the same component as VLC player (e.g. ffmpeg)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    All players in the end are ffmpeg based. You can try to enable/disable hardware decoding.

Alternative players are MPC-BE and mpv.net.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videdit View Post
    When I watch disney's onward with VLC player, every few minutes the video would pause for a few seconds while the audio continues. I checked the dvd and see no scratches or obvious defects.

What is the next best software dvd player for win10 that does not use the same component as VLC player (e.g. ffmpeg)?
    Why are you assuming it is VLC?

Rip the Video and try to play it. If it plays fine once ripped then it is either the disc, the hardware player, or both. If it still doesn't play once ripped then it could be VLC or your PC (or some combination).
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I subsequently play the DVD with windows DVD player on the same PC and it plays fine no stutters.
    Unfortunately I returned the DVD to the library so I cannot experiment anymore, unless run into this again in the future. I still use VLC as my default player.
    Quote Quote