VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downloaded this .mp4 file from my CCTV and I am not able to play it with vlc or any other player. Do I have to convert it or anything?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. The file is very small. Are you sure the file is complete?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    The file is very small. Are you sure the file is complete?
    Yes it's only a few seconds of video material.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So you did see the playback when the video was on the original record ?

There is no video data - header etc. Probably a proprietary format specific to the unit. Sometimes the manuf. provides software to export (would be required for third-party viewing) so you need to persue that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What manufacturer and exact model number/name is this CCTV? Probably I or another member can look up some infos about that device.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    So you did see the playback when the video was on the original record ?

There is no video data - header etc. Probably a proprietary format specific to the unit. Sometimes the manuf. provides software to export (would be required for third-party viewing) so you need to persue that.
    Yeah I could see the playback in the online interface. Then I cut it and downloaded it. Which software can I use to export or add the video data header? Im totally new to things like this.

Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    What manufacturer and exact model number/name is this CCTV? Probably I or another member can look up some infos about that device.
    It's a total cheap device. I will add the Amazon link to it. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JQCKVMG
    Quote Quote  
  7. "Wenn Sie Fragen zum Gerät haben sollten, können Sie sich jederzeit an uns wenden."
    WhatsAPP: +86 132 8603 2360
    -> https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JQCKVMG

But in the meantime, can you download the not cutted video from your device? You don't have to upload it here, if you don't want or need. But I really suggest to download new, for 1080p this file looks really to small. Also try another video "format", it says it can do also avi file.
    We need that file here, so we can analyse this filetype, becaese *.avi is only a container format and inside can be almost everything regarding the audio- and videocodec.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Amazon spec states you can connect direct to your PC monitor.

That being so the simplest solution is view on the monitor direct from the device and use a screen-recorder to create a viewable video file.

But there should still be software. Do read the manual etc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Unfortunately, the support cannot help me, and I am not able to download the video file again, because it is older than 14 days. The reason why the file is that small is, because the video is only a few second long.
    Now I am just wondering, if its possible to add the missing header und file information to the file afterwards.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How did you download that? From the application of your CCTV system? I have no idea how such systems work independently. I have an Ajax security system at home. And the cameras are connected to it. So I can monitor them from my phone application. By the way, I believe it is the most convenient app for a security system. I get all the notifications there and can check if everything is okay. I also like an opportunity to get notifications on my watches. It truly simplifies my life.
    Quote Quote  
  11. This is just is a broke file. The reason why it's broke is that the "end of the file" is missing, this is where all the information about which resolution, colorspace and other basic video props it is about, which a decoder needs to have in order to display the file. One can partly "restore" such kind of files when just providing a working and complete example of another file from the same camera or capture system. If you can share e.g. 1 second "working" file from the same system, i am pretty sure i can restore most of the content easily.
    Quote Quote