VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    Pls, how can I unzone those two bluray/dvd players: BDP-S1500 & BDP-S1700?
    I bought them in Switzerland and when I'm trying to read US BRs or DVDs, only a few works, but with most of them the message is the following: ''this disc is inteded for playback in region A only''.
    Thanks!

Search Comp PM
    Not gonna happen.

You will not find any codes to make a Sony player region-free on the blu ray side. There may be some for the dvd side.

There are some hardware modified Sony players that are multi-region for both blu ray and dvd. But these cost significantly more than you would have paid for yours.

Search Comp PM
    From the above link (which I guess was not entirely read) and the process appears identical to that already in the dvd-hacks section.

botox1

Novice Member

May 23, 2017

Hi everyone,
    is there finaly someone with a solution to make DVD free the Sony BDP s1500 ?
    I am in Europe and I already did the digit process.

I don't know if it can help, but my Sony BDP s1500 code with the One For All remote is 1516

Thank by advance

archie159

Novice Member

Dec 22, 2017

I emailed one of the hack-remote sellers on ebay about the s1500, and got this answer: Hi,

The only solution for that model is a hardware hack (chip soldered inside the player), but it does allow Blu-ray region switching as well as just DVD multi-region

4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    erzane-please do not post another thread on the same subject,this thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.