VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. @ delphi.stuff:

I just had a wander to your VCDEasy website. It looks snazzy.

However, I also note that there is almost no information on your website on the fact that VCDEasy uses several software packages licensed under GPL. That it is a "frontend to multiple free command line tools" in the FAQ is not enough.

Considering that you are charging for VCDEasy, I think that it is in bad faith that you don't even acknowledge exactly which "free command line tools" VCDEasy actually uses since they provide the core underlying function.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  2. Q35 - Does VCDEasy support dual processors?

VCDEasy is (but not only) a frontend to multiple free command line tools. Most of these tools don't support multiple processors. It works, but without taking advantage of the dual processors.

http://www.vcdeasy.org/modules.php?name=_FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=...eral+questions

So he / they do infact kinda mention it is a front end, however I haven't seen any 'props' to the original authors of the 'gut' programs.

Sabro
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know
    Quote Quote  
  3. I saw that reference, but that brief mention in the FAQ is completely unsatisfactory.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote  
  4. I agree as well.

Sabro
    www.sabronet.com - It's all you need...to know
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Michael,

Didn't you write one of those freeware tools ?
    Have a nice Day
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, I was only involved in the development of VCDImager, but I didn't write it.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    Quote Quote