VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Vegas Pro 8 is a very powerful editor with a lot of happy users and great reviews. But there is one key element that is missing and that is the ability to author BlueRay discs. The only thing you can do as I understand what Sony says on their website is that you can burn from the timeline.

"With Vegas Pro 8 software you can burn a Blu-ray Disc directly from the timeline. Blu-ray Disc burning allows you to create a disc similar to a "single movie" DVD—the movie has no titles, menus, or buttons. Blu-ray Disc burning in Vegas Pro 8 software provides an alternate distribution option for high-definition content, rather than traditional file-based hard disk or streaming media formats. You can also use the Blu-ray Disc burning feature to create high-definition discs that can playback on a set-top Blu-ray Disc player or on a Sony PS3 gaming system."

Does anyone have any idea when Sony will add full BlueRay authoring capability to DVD Architect? I don't expect to be authoring BlueRay discs by noon tomorrow but I do expect that I will in the future. The lack of BlueRay authoring capability is a big competitive knock-off compared to Adobe Premiere CS3.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As Sony annonounced:
    Version 5 will do - coming in June 2008
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NoBuddy
    As Sony annonounced:
    Version 5 will do - coming in June 2008
    Do you know if Version 5 will be a free upgrade for Pro 8 users? Do you have a link to the Sony Version 5 announcement?

Edit: I found it http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/news/ShowRelease.asp?ReleaseID=684
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Exactly, SCDVD.
    I just copy the text from your mencioned webpage here:

Shipping in mid-June, DVD Architect 5 software will be available as a free downloadable upgrade to all registered Vegas Pro 8 users, as the Vegas Pro software ships bundled with the DVD Architect application.

we have to wait...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just go with DVDit pro. Great software bluray authoring. You just import your bluray print files from vegas and the ac3 files also produce with vegas and thats it!! no need to transcode and have a bluray disc ready to play with menus and fancy animations in minutes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ticos2000
    just go with DVDit pro. Great software bluray authoring. You just import your bluray print files from vegas and the ac3 files also produce with vegas and thats it!! no need to transcode and have a bluray disc ready to play with menus and fancy animations in minutes.
    Perhaps, but if someone has already paid for Vegas 8 Pro, which comes with DVD Architect, why should they spend another $300 when they can just wait a month or two and get their software (which has already been paid for) upgraded for free? From an economic standpoint, it doesn't make much sense.
    Don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweaty things.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ticos2000
    just go with DVDit pro.
    If it says Roxio on it, it won't be going in my computer. Roxio products have a horrible reputation for causing all manner of problems when installed in a PC. I'm more than dubious of any comments that Roxio had a recent religious experience and everything is "all better" now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDit was historically a Sonic product. Sonic bought Roxio. Now they've moved DVDit to the consumer Roxio division as the top of their line. I haven't used it since it was packaged with Premiere 6.5.
    http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/dvdit/hd/overview.html
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV
    DVDit was historically a Sonic product. Sonic bought Roxio. Now they've moved DVDit to the consumer Roxio division as the top of their line. I haven't used it since it was packaged with Premiere 6.5.
    Maybe there's hope for it then as long as they keep it away from the Roxio cretins.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SCDVD
    Originally Posted by edDV
    Maybe there's hope for it then as long as they keep it away from the Roxio cretins.
    Sonic and Roxio is as strange a pairing as Avid and Pinnacle.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by edDV
    Sonic and Roxio is as strange a pairing as Avid and Pinnacle.
    Now add to that Avid/Pinnacle/Sonic

AvidDVD = DVDit

Avid has included Sonic DVDit with their stuff for a long time
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody know if VC-1 or AVC streams will be supported with this new DvD Architect? At any rate, it's due time for a consumer level BD authoring app that includes all three codecs and doesn't re-encode everything you put in it.

And I would much rather hear this "good word" from the community than from some ad.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote