VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Trying to make the switch to DL. Have Nero 6.6 (never used to burn) which came with my sony internal DL dirve, also have decrypter. Am very familar with burning to DVD-R. Looking for a simple method for backing up dvd to DVD9. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, DVD Decryptor is no longer a usable piece of software since it was pulled off the available titles list. I suggest you have a look at DVDFab, which will backup your DVD;s to DVD9. Then use Nero to burn the ISO's with, it doesn't get simpler than that.

Post back and let us know how you made out!

Cheers!

TTWC
    "I've got a present for ya!" - TTWC
    Quote Quote  
  3. i not sure what you mean -- no longer usable, but i have smartripper -- i can use that can't i?

I guess i should clarify something. i have been burning to DVD-R's for years. i found a system that worked for me: Smartripper>DVD2ONE>RECORDNOW MAX and compliant media. After that was established i went into my hole. that is, i don't really follow all the advancements. I wanted to be able to backup a disc without compressing and losing menus so i bought a DL burner. RecordNow does not support this, and my hardare came with Nero 6.6 which is just overwhelming to me -- i don't want to know everything about that program just how to burn to DVD 9. Logically, i should be able to do it the same way i burn my DVD-R: Decrypt to VIDEO_TS no need for DVD2ONE: and then add to NERO making sure it is set to burn a DVD 9 and burn -- but that doen't work. There are so many modes and to be honest i have no idea which one to burn in. I have no idea what a ISO is, and don't want to know, really. I don't want to know how everything works -- just what setting and modes i need in NERO, and if Smartripper will still do the job. 'preciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Of course you can still use decrypter, except for some of the latest movies with the very newest version or the SONY protection. The first few Sony ptotected ones will still rip OK. I use the latest AnyDVD running in the background and I have been able to rip ANY new movie. Now what I do is use DVDdecryter to rip to an ISO, or DVDShrink set to rip the whole disik to an ISO file. Then I use DVD Decrypter to burn that ISO file back to DVD, in this case a DL DVD R

DVD SHrink will allow you to choose what method you wish to use during the backup process. I choose for it to make an ISO to my HD and it burns it with decrypter. It becomes and automatic unattended process. If you go the Decrypter to Decrypter route, you have to rfirst tell it to rip to ISO and then tell it to write the ISO back to a DL disk. Either way it seems to be the easiest and most realiable method I've come across.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks toolman-- i have never used either program to burn (shrink or decrypter) -- actually didn't even know you could. When i used decrypter for DVD-R's i was in the file mode. do you have a step-by-step for ripping in shrink then using it to burn? Couldn't find anything that specific on this sight. 'preciate.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok If you want to choose to rip with shrink, just rip the whoile movie. Then click on BackUp. There choose to make an ISO and to burn with DVD Decrypter. Once the ISO has been created by Shrink, Decrypter wioth open up and you need to show it where the ISO is. This onle has to be done once. After that it will simply jump into the burning automatically. ON COURSE that is assuming you have both a reader drive and a DL burning drive.

You can do both jobs right in Decrypter. When you rip it to ISO and Burn that same ISO in Decrypter. I think you will have to do it manually though.

I prefer DVDShrink to ISO and burn with Decrypter.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks got it done with shrink and decrypter. big help!
    Quote Quote