VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Well ive been testing this program out

and wow pretty cool

be nice if it had a add asset button linked to say the VIDEO_TS folder inside
    SVCD2DVD_OUTPUT folders i have

then i could mix and match my movies ,videos etc

right now i have to manuly extract useing VOB2MPG then load into svcd

i know lazy to wont it automated but be neat to have

and like i said before a delete input file tick box option for us who would like to delete the files left over by svcd

and Batch processing so you could load say 3 or 4 projects at a time .

thanks brit
    Quote Quote  
  2. [quote]and like i said before a delete input file tick box option for us who would like to delete the files left over by svcd
    Do you mean when you choose your asset files it then creates the same name followed by_S2D.mpg in that same folder if so this is a good wish as many time`s my assets files are not allways in the source file folder thus leaving duplicate files all over the place.
    Can a check box be added as to delete _S2D.mpg files when conversion has finished for those who would like this to happen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Another one to put on the wish list is for me to know how to use the quote option ?.
    Quote Quote  
  4. another good idea would be to keep the same aspect ratio... alot of avi files that are widescreen get stretched on height.... i usually ahve to run them through Main Concept Mpeg Encoder to fix this and then run it through svcd2dvd... to do it once would be nice..

so basically a sizing/croping feature

blayze
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BLX
    another good idea would be to keep the same aspect ratio... alot of avi files that are widescreen get stretched on height.... i usually ahve to run them through Main Concept Mpeg Encoder to fix this and then run it through svcd2dvd... to do it once would be nice..

so basically a sizing/croping feature

blayze
    This should not happen. Can you send me a sample where this is the case?
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Chris,

I have noticed this on certain AVI files. I believe it is probably an issue with AR flagging, but I've never checked that far. I think the files I have seen this on are billed as "DVD Quality" but are encoded at 640x480. Certain software players are recomended to get WS display. I can send you one if no one else comes through.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do these files have black borders or is the moving picture occupying the whole of the 640*480?

SVCD2DVD performs automatic AR/Border calculations based on this: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/174200.php
    Quote Quote  
  8. Chris,

No borders, the picture occupies the entire 640*480 in my files. This may not be the case for BLX, we need to hear more about that case. I never mentioned it as I new the files were most likely out of standard. After looking at the guide you mentioned I see I was right in my case.
    I don't get many of these files so using a workaround isn't a big deal. I've been using other methods for years previous to S2D v2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    640/480 is 1.333 AR for the avi. This is would suggest the first of the tables from the end of the guide.. i,e 4:3 AR. I think i need a sample to investigate! Can you upload to my ftp?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Chris,

I believe I still have one of these files. If so I'll upload to you after work and class tonight (~14 hours from now).
    On a side note, have you had time to check into the undersize issue I've had with NTSC(film) AVI's (no rush, just curious)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed errors in the avi to mpg conversions. This can lead to undersize... not much i can do about it as the source seems slightly damaged. Thanks for the upload offer: do you have the ftp details?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I think I stll have the ftp address. I'll make a folder for 640*480 source and upload it.
    As to the NTSC(film) issue, I'll try running the files through VDub and see what I come up with. Thanks for looking into it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Do you mean when you choose your asset files it then creates the same name followed by_S2D.mpg in that same folder if so this is a good wish as many time`s my assets files are not allways in the source file folder thus leaving duplicate files all over the place.
    Can a check box be added as to delete _S2D.mpg files when conversion has finished for those who would like this to happen.
    Chris what was your view on this option ?.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds good. It would have to be an option as some people like to reuse the s2d files without having to reprocess. The only reservation i have is deleting original files as people get upset about this.
    Quote Quote  
  15. The option box in question would only delete the s2d.mpg files created by the conversion process.
    Thus leavin the original mpg files intact and also having the conversion files within the output folder intact.

Ticked would delete s2d.mpg files after conversion process.
    Unticked would do nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Sorry for the delay... yes.. they do occupy the whole screen as in wide screen, and when you watch it on a wide screen tv thats fine, but I don't own one yet so i ahve to stick with the black borders which works on both TV's..... so what I ahv to do is go into Mainconcept and when I encode it to an SVCD and it gives me 480*480.. i have to crop the height to the original height 352, 368, etc.. what ever it is and it comes out fine....Aperfect example would be the SW3 iND avi's... when encoded to dvd it came out stretched (even their encode)..... when I put it on my phone though it automatically kept the aspect ratio and kept it in wide screen, but on TV's it didn't unless they were wide screen... Had to re-encode it to DVD's with the right dimensions and it worked fine on both...

just an idea that would be nice to say keep same aspect ratio...so it would fit properly...

blx
    Quote Quote  
  17. not sure if this was already discussed but it'd be nice to have the option to not convert divx/xvid files since my dvd player supports divx/xvid files. i'm just trying to find something out there that will support menus with my divx files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jikchung
    I think I stll have the ftp address. I'll make a folder for 640*480 source and upload it.
    As to the NTSC(film) issue, I'll try running the files through VDub and see what I come up with. Thanks for looking into it.
    ok. I had a look at your 720x480 avi. I thought that all avis had a 1:1 pixel ratio... Evidently this is not the case!! I have a fix in place & will email you a build to test. Thanks for the headsup.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by grimmage
    not sure if this was already discussed but it'd be nice to have the option to not convert divx/xvid files since my dvd player supports divx/xvid files. i'm just trying to find something out there that will support menus with my divx files.
    That would be very handy for me too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nawo69
    Originally Posted by grimmage
    not sure if this was already discussed but it'd be nice to have the option to not convert divx/xvid files since my dvd player supports divx/xvid files. i'm just trying to find something out there that will support menus with my divx files.
    That would be very handy for me too.
    Not possible. Only mpeg1/2 dvd-videos are produced.
    Quote Quote  
  21. so as of right now there is no way to make a data dvd with a menu?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not that i know of. You only have the firmware menu of your dvd player. That said i did hear that the new divx6 format does menus so in time that may be an option.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Chris,

Tried the test build, no joy. Still encoded as and tagged in the IFO as 4:3. Got the logs, etc. if you need them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your kidding! Ok, please ftp the logs & a sample. As i said i was not aware that avis had a aspect ratio other than 1:1 and this may need some further investigation. However your first sample processed to 16:9 with that new build....
    Quote Quote  
  25. I am doing some further testing. So far it seems the sample I sent you has been converted to 16:9. The first test run was a different source file. It looks like you will need a sample of that one, I am also doing a full conversion of the original source file to see what we get. I'll let you know.
    Quote Quote  
  26. OK, the build works for the files I provided you. I am uploading a small sample of the latest file that gave me trouble. I'll email you the log from that run as well. This file appears to have some errors, which is probably what lead to the result I got. The file processes OK otherwise.
    Quote Quote