VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dears,

I spent almost last 1 month trying to solve my problems with dvd conversion and burn.
    First I used ffmpegx and so I found a bug in the binaries that does not let you change the font size.
    That's ok, so next test was made with a program called iFFmpeg, it looked very good and it's very good, but have some small bugs.
    The subtitle can be hard enconded but as always the font size was unable to be sized. I sent mails to the developer and he answered me
    fixing the bug, but with the fix came another. Before when I hard enconded the subtitle the same was small, but correct, with the grammar and accents correct (latin 1) and after the "fix" everything came wrong, I can now fix the size but when the subtitle .srt is converted to .ass (cause in the .vob container is what happens) is all wrong.
    I believe is some bug with libass or any stuff.

1) Everybody here already had similar problems? Or suggestions to fix it?

Ok, what I made to "solve" it's to use jubler to convert manually the subtitle to .ass and I cannot even think or imagine to change the size in the HUD inside the iFFmpeg or everything takes the bad way again. The solution I found by now was use the iSkysoft App to try to help me.

2) You guys, when you want to convert and burn a DVD with High quality, what do you do?

3) Which one is the best format to convert to burn a DVD? I want a very good quality and bla bla bla..
    BTW.: When I converted any format (using iFFmpeg) to .vob (using the available MPEG2VIDEO) it took just some minutes to finish and when I try to convert any other in the high resolution, for exemple .mov to .mp4 using H.264 it took 13 hours...

Well, I really need some help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't cross post in several forum sections. I removed your 4!!! other threads.

No , I don't know how you can change font size.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    And about the best format to make a dvd? with no much loss os quality?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not that easy to answer your questions because there's not enough info. What's the source video? What kind of hardware do you have?

I don't know how to change font size either, but you should be impressed by the bug response you got. I would suggest you figure out more about how to encode and burn dvd's before you worry about that.

When I used windows I used avstodvd. I don't like installing the ffdshow codec pack on a windows 7 machine, though it's one of the best ones. I just don't want to have to install any codec packs on windows 7. That's one of the reasons I use linux now.

But I still think avstodvd is the best dvd encoding/authoring program. It works better than the others I tried, and the one thing it really does is deal with videos with flaky codecs. You can install the portable version of avstodvd and it won't install 3rd party codecs, but then it won't work on those flaky videos.

The way to get minimum loss of quality is to force the avstodvd 2 pass variable bit rate mode. Unfortunately that's not going to help the speed one bit.

Inexperienced users usually seem to want a program that gives you great quality encodes, really fast. it doesn't exist.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I use mac :/ some idea?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You didn't tell what your source file is.
    Using mac you have only a few choices and most of them are payware.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You could use MediaCoder for encoding DVD compliant files. Allows change in font size and position.

Then authour with DVDStyler
    Quote Quote