VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi

Vegas video 8 is not reading my imported Kodak zi8 videos. Anybody have a link to
    the correct codec or codec pack. The videos are 720p @ 60f

I have upgraded to the latest quicktime but that didn't fix the problem.

cheers
    Scott
    Why is an intelligent man's vote, worth the same as an idiot's vote in a democratic election system.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You don't need a codec (beyond QT). Rename your MOV files to MP4 and they will open (audio and all) in Vegas 8. I have a Zx1 and that's what I do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks Michael, I've already tried that, but that didn't work. A renamed mp4 file imports onto the timeline in Vegas 8 but with no audio and a black screen.

When I used the Kodak Supplied vieeo software to convert to mp4. Those files will import audio but once again I have a black screen on the timeline of vegas 8.
    Why is an intelligent man's vote, worth the same as an idiot's vote in a democratic election system.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Scott,

Sorry for the delay in getting to you. Hmmm... I don't know what could be wrong. I am sure your files are exactly like mine. Actually, do have an idea. I had to do a lot of research to initially find the trick about renaming, but there was one more thing that I forgot (a big sorry here) and that was that I reverted to an older version of QT. I use QT version 7.62.14.0

I had read something in the COW forums about needing to do this for Vegas to accept the H.264 files, I did it, but I suppose I had really thought the renaming was the real solution. I may have been wrong. You may need to revert to an OLDER version of QT. Supposedly there were changes made to QT after 7.62 that affected Vegas, which were subsequently remedied in Vegas 9. I did download the older version of QT from Apple's site. You should be able to find it, if not, let me know and I'll find the original link I followed to download it.

Fortunately its not such a big deal to uninstall and then reinstall another version of QT. Try that out, I got a feeling it will correct things. Let me know how things go.

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  5. http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38200

Take a look at this post. It shows how to use FFMPEG to re-mux MOV to MP4 h264 file (ie. re-mux NOT transcoding, so the quality remains the same and it goes through the file in couple seconds). This trick solved problems with Corel VideoStudio ProX3 version, but it might help in other applications also.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I use
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffdshow
    with Vegas for my Xacti and Vado cameras video
    Quote Quote