VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all. So I have another problem that I've been trying to figure out on my own but too frustrated after so many hours. Anyway, is it something I missed doing or is my ipod touch, 8gig unit defective?

So I download the iTunes v10.1 app this morning, because the instructions said so. I installed it. I ran it, and nothing. I've been runing on and off every few hours, but i'm not getting the connection with what it has to do with the ipod touch.

I had this thing plugged in my usb all day, no matter what I do, all i get is this white usb cable pointing to the iTunes icon on the display and then it shuts off. I can't tell if the battery is charged or what. So, it must be locked or a secret code is missing or it is in a permanent coma. What do i do next ? thank you.

-vhelp 5443
    Last edited by vhelp; 28th Nov 2010 at 21:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    -- UPDATE -- it works!!

I found out that when the ipod if first new, you have to activate it online through the iTunes. That was not specified in any of the leterature I read on it. Anyway. I thought it was broken and I was frustrated and all. But, when I opened my dialup to the net and then plugged in the unit's usb cored, bingo. In a matter of seconds, and I was greated by a fancy display, and the rest was history.

hmm.. so after all that success. I was noticing how my ipod shows a lot of wi-fi entries. That is, people that are on fast internet connection. I am seeing a lot of usernames popping up, in and out. I am wonder why these names keep coming in and out, some new some the same, and so on. I thought that if you are connected, then the name would stay on indefinately. Its as if they are on AIM or something and users come and go. I'm just ciourious if anyone would like to explain that part to me i'd be satisfied, thank you.

-vhelp 5447
    Quote Quote