VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The hacking-code to "region free" my Samsung DVD player (HTTZ425 N) is not working.
    I notice that my DVD model number has 'N' at the end and doesn't show that last letter when google search the model no.
    Does that matter?

I only have 1 of 2 remotes (lost the 'TV' remote) im sure i am using the DVD remote. Does it matter which one I use?

Please, I'm not good with technology! But I so desperately need my DVD player
    Region Free!!!

Help ME PLEASE
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the one Iv tried already.
    Could it be that I need the 'TV' remote?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you need to use the one that came with the dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Charlytilly View Post
    Please, I'm not good with technology! But I so desperately need my DVD player
    Region Free!!!
    Rule #1 - Do NOT buy Sony or Samsung if you want region free. Period.

If the suggestions by october262 do not make this region free, then contact Samsung's Australian tech support office. We've had people post here from Australia about contacting the manufacturer and getting their players unlocked. Apparently Australian law mandates that players be able to be unlocked so the manufacturers are willing to help out Australians.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou very much for your help I really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so I called the Samsung customer support and NO
    Unfortunately they Don't allow for their DVD players to
    Be unlocked region free! Boooo Samsung you SUCK!

Well guess I'm back at square 1.
    Well I've got the right remote! That's a start ( Thankyou to the person who advised that one)

Any other suggestions PLEASE!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Rule #1 - Do NOT buy Sony or Samsung if you want region free. Period.
    Do you know roughly when Sony and Samsung stopped making most/all of their players multi-region hackable? Does the market the player is destined for (US/UK/Europe/Australia) have any bearing on whether a player can be hacked. Have Sony machines bought in the US always been more difficult to hack?

Reason I ask is I've got a couple of players; one Sony, one Samsung - both bought around 2005 in the UK. The Sony was bought from Amazon already multi-region, while the Samsung just required a simple remote hack. At the time I remember there were plenty of Sony players advertised as multi-region, and I didn't get the impression they were a manufacturer to be avoided (at least for that reason).
    Quote Quote