VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is my first time on this site and I think I have looked through every forum there is but I just can't seem to find out how to back up a DVD with a Mac computer. I have a PowerMac Dual G4 1Ghz with the Apple SuperDrive. I have one DVD (The Crow) that has a scratch in it and I would like to try to fix it by backing it up onto a DVD-R. If anyone out there can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick
    Sydeshow Productions
    Quote Quote  
  2. Goes something like this.

If your DVD is under 4.3 GB in size you can just use DVDExtractor 0.9b to save an image of the dvd on your HD. When its done you simply mount the image in toast and burn.
    - u can get DVDExtractor off www.opuscc.com

If its slightly over 4.3 GB (say up to 5 GB roughly) then you can burn the movie only, no extras, special features etc. Do this by demuxing the main track of the dvd in DVDExtractor and then use DVD Studio Pro to create a new project and recompile the .m2v and .ac3 streams back into a dvd format (VIDEO_TS folder)
    then just burn that folder to dvd (as a dvd project of course )

If its way over as a lot are these days then you have to use IFOEdit on a pc (or virtual pc if u got it) and split the dvd into 2. Don;t know how to do that yet though..

Hope this helps...

greenmynci
    Quote Quote