VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi i got a weird annoying problem covering some of my mkvs from my blu rays. Whenever i tried to covert them off one of my usb 3.0 hard drive siting in a hard drive closure. I have two hard drive enclosures One is connected directory to my desktop and second one is connected to my usb 3.0 hub. Whenever i try to covert a a mkv to a smaller mkv vidcoder will start off fine then at like 12% vidcoder will completely freeze my whole desktop. I thought it was vidcoder issue but its not i tried handbreak to same issue. My computer was repaired over 3 months ago and i never had this issue with my old computer motherboard.. I use to be able to covert all my blu rays to smaller ones without my computer freeze. Anything with x264 now will freeze my computer like also from muiitiavchd. If i covert dvd using avstodvd from my usb 3.0 hard drive 0 issues no freezing at all.

I tried everything i removed the programs i use and reinstalled same issue. If i move any mkvs to one of my hard drives in my computer no issues. Im stumped whats going on. I use windows 10 64bit. I have a nvidia gt 710 graphics card if you needed to know that.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    transfer the MKV to your desktop and then convert, see if your desktop still freezes.
    might also check to see if you have all the latest driver updates including
    your graphics card driver.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your converting with avs2dvd it may not be loading the CPU, where as the others are threaded enough to do so. USB 3.0 allows enough bandwith to not bottleneck the CPU so it may be overheating. Check your temps when your run it and go from there. Run occt to do a stress test of the system to determine this.
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did clean my fans to see if it was a issue its clean. Also i usually try to use my storage drive for temp and the converted file. Even avs2dvd. I do not like to use my ssd as temp or storage drive other than my programs. Ill do what you guys said.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just a small update I think i figured out why i cant covert anything turns out the usb 3.0 enclosure was never a issue. cause it did same thing on hard drivers in my pc. Turn out when the guys who fixed my computer took the fan that was attracted to my cpu cooler. All the hot hair is not going out that is the issue. So its causing alot of issues like freezing. Now once i got a round to hook up the fan to the cpu cooler everything should be back to normal.
    Quote Quote