VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How long would it normally take to encode a 92 minutes DIVX file to SVCD using this templates (SVCD, NTSC, high quality without using any filters)? Does anybody knows?
    Please post your reply, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    by the way it's with TMPGEnc v.2
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can't say because each system is a little different. If I had to quess thou 215min. That's based on my Tbird 1.2Ghz taking ~3.5x to encode MPEG2 in TMPGenc with motion search set to high.

But resizing makes a huge difference, and if you use motion search on fastest that also speeds things up quite a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What i dont understand is why people keep asking these stupid questions. It depends on a number of things. Resize, motion search, filters etc.. What you should do is load up your divX, configure all the settings in TMPGEnc, and clikc ENCODE! then look at this little thing that says TIME REMAINING. its as simple as that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    What I don't understand is that people like you "Yeshi" talk like you own this forum, relax man, everybody is posting what they wahnt to say, again relax man, take it easy. What you're doingis not shortening your CPU's lifespan but your life itself. It's forum and I can say anything I want as long as it doesn't bother the moderator. You're just a member aren't you? So just shut up and post your own message. Anyway thanks for your stupid reply since you reply to this stupid message. Cheer up buddy!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Ohh by the way, I think this forum is design mainly for stupid people like me, to learn new things and not for genius people like you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my time remaining is inacurate.

it said 20 hours then 5 hours later it was 17 hours.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If put a load on the system, constantly changing how quickly TMPG does it's job, the thing will be uselessly inaccurate.

It's only accurate if it's not previewing or sharing the computer with other tasks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-20 20:39:04, vcd4u wrote:
    Ohh by the way, I think this forum is design mainly for stupid people like me, to learn new things and not for genius people like you.
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

VCD4U has got a point! Some of you Geeks gotta learn to put the soldering iron down once in a while and walk outside and get some sun FFS!

Ask repetitive questions I say... thats how some people learn... heck you only have to tell me 3 times... lol

T 3 X

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer Simpson
    Quote Quote  
  10. damn right, im sick of these nerds acting as if theyre gods. Get a fuckin life, its like u spend ur whole life in this forum, n its so sad... and ur guaranteed theres always some smart alec bastard who takes a shot at u every time u time u post a question, at least thas what happens with me or no-one will post at all.
    so in conclusion U R all Bastards, down with nerds.
    n im glad u get bullied at school.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crow.T.RoboTron-X on 2001-10-21 10:48:38 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  11. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-20 20:39:04, vcd4u wrote:
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    I'm another stupid one that whants to learn with GODS alike
    mister Yeshi.
    Whoo is the STUPID? Us or you mister GOD!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just get back to the topic that the guys asked. I have an Athlon 1.4Ghz. Depends on numbers on settings, it take anywhere from 3.5 hours to 8 hours to convert a 2 hour movie.
    Quote Quote