VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an ASUS tablet pc with windows (soon likely to delete the win 8 virus and install 7). I teach in 8 classrooms in the course of a week and want to create a mobile classroom-theater pc. This is what I am envisioning:

* Tablet connects to the 42" tv via a wireless usb connector. (The tv's are of varied models. Some have vga, some hdmi, some have both, but all have USB, and all USB ports are very accessible, whereas the hdmi and vga ports are often difficult to access.
    * Mouse/keyboard is proprietary wireless and uses a usb dongle.
    * Wireless microphones are connected to the tablet's headset jack (assuming this is input/output jack).
    * Speaker in the rear of the room is BT, using by the tablet's internal BT transmitter. My other option for this is to use an FM transmitter but that means I have to manage/power another device.

The lights in the classroom are the standard 4' fluorescent tubes.

Audio/Video summary:
    Inputs:
    1. Audio jack from wireless microphones (with adapters);
    2. Flash, mp3, etc from files stored within the tablet.

Outputs:
    1. BT, to speaker in the rear of class
    2. USB to TV (assuming that the wireless transmits/receives both audio and video)

QUESTIONS:
    1. Can the audio output be directed to both BT and TV connection - can they both play the same audio at the same time?
    2. Will there be any interference with the electronics from the fluorescent tubes?
    3. Is there likely to be any interference amongst the various forms of wireless devices listed above?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When you say "wireless USB connection" do you mean a wireless HD video and audio USB adapter? I think there are some (from Warpia and others) that combine both VGA and stereo audio plus HDMI in the same unit, but there are some reported problems with them. #1 The receiver and transmitter have to be fairly close together. Some models may claim they work up to about 10 meters apart, but the maximum distance for good reception will probably be less. #2 There has to be a direct, completely unobstructed line of sight between the transmitter and receiver. If, for example, someone walks between the transmitter and receiver, the signal is interrupted. #3 HD video may not play smoothly with many of them, maybe most. #4 They get hot, and are probably not going to last long with continuous use.

As for transmitting audio via BT and the wireless adapter at the same time, my guess is that it is probably not going to work. Sound cards can normally use only one playback device at a time.
    Quote Quote