VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have an odd problem. I want to convert a 25fps MKV to play in my PS3. My source is a 13GB MKV file. TSMUXER GUI 1.10.6 reports it as 1920X1080i, 25fps, VC-1, Profile advanced 3. I demuxed the source, with TSMUXER, used eac3to to slowdown the audio. Then I took the resulting .vc1 video converted to a .ts file at 23.976 with TSMUXER. Finally I remuxed the video and audio as a BD disk.

If I burn the resulting BD files to a BD-R. My PS3 plays the video with the image compressed in the top 1/2 of the screen only. Audio is fine and in sync with the video. PLaying the same files on my PC are normal, as is playing on an LG BD370 BD player.

Shrinking the video with BD REbuilder 0.32.08 to a DVD-5, and the resulting output plays on the PS3 fine. Running BD-Rebuilder with forced encode and setting the size to BD25 (to preserve bitrate) and the output is still 1/2 height on the PS3 but fine on the PC and the BD370.

What would cause the PS3 to play this at 1/2 height? Other videos I've taken (.mkv's, BD's, etc) have never caused me problems, is it something unique to 1080i, 25fps converted > 23.976? My PS3 does not play 25fps source (the LG does without problems, but that's in a different room), so I need the 23.976 source. The odd part is that shrinking down works fine, but keeping it the same size (and with forced re-encode) doesn't.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Zot

new info: Since this was a 1 minute test extract, I tried both outputs (set for BD-5 and BD25)written to a BD-RE and they look compressed. Both outputs written to a DVD-RW look good. So how would the different disk structures affect the the way the output is displayed?

Update 3/30/10 - used another program (AVCHDCoder) which allowed me to change the output from 1080i to 1080P. At least for my test run this seemed to fix the problem.
    Last edited by Zot; 31st Mar 2010 at 14:04. Reason: solution found
    Quote Quote