VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Why is this?? I've used this excellent program for HOURS and HOURS - encoding delicious mpeg files! Suddenly after some time not using it - it turns on me! I browse planet of the apes or whatever divx file, and it gives me this sucky message: "filename" cannot open or unsupported?? I even tried with avi files that worked before...
    I run a dual boot on my PC. 98SE and XP. FAT32 on both (of course) I tried on both OS's but to no avail. *sob*
    I downloaded version 2.02 today, but same error. HELP ME!

Who on this forum will be the ruler of all by giving me the solution to this prob?

Please (pretty)
    Once again monkeys will rule the planet
    Quote Quote  
  2. Check if the audio in the DivX is encoded at 48 sample rate, if it is you will need to convert it to 44.1 before TPMGenc will accept it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have to re-install the divx 3.11 and/or 4.12 codecs. I had the same problem you did at one point; reinstalling the codecs solved my problem. You can find them at www.divx-digest.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try to change the VFAPI settings. Go to Environmental Settings, Options, and then VFAPI. You make either the DirectShow or the AVIVFW the top priority. Try making them both have like a 1 setting. This worked for me after being suggested to someone else and worked like a charm and I didn't need to anything to the Divx codec.
    Facetious? Me? No...never.
    Quote Quote  
  5. TerryToonz: That is incorrect!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thx all! I'll try these solutions when I get home from work. I'm willing to do obscene things to show my gratitude if it works
    I'll let you know which solution that worked for me, ok?

I personally find DVDx to be the best ripper...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A tip is to open it in VDub and create a frameserver...
    You can convert the samplerate here to match too...

Also, if you're going to resize... Resize in VDub, much, much faster!!!

I once had a DivX I couldn't play in mediaplayer, could convert in TMPEGEnc but it became a total failure...

I tried a frameserver and worked out great!!!
    Put everything to "Full Proceccing" mode, both audio and video...

Cheers.
    Magnus Jensen

A.K.A Geezus
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok - I've fixed it thanks to you people

I adjusted the VFAPI settings and reinstalled the codex, and it was back in business. THANKS! (I dont know which one of the two that did the trick)

My next problem was encoding a Divx file to Mpeg2. Picture was there, but no sound. I think it was because the Divx was encoded with 48000 Hz audio. And it has to be 44100 Hz. Can anyone confirm this?
    I guess it would be easier to create a new Divx than to somehow encode it into 44100 or what?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My tip is to frameserve with virtual dub, that fixes almost all problems =)
    Just put Audio/Video on "Full Processing mode" and set filter in VDub instead of TMPEGEnc (A lot faster!!!)
    The audio can be converted... TMPEGEnc will read it correctly...
    Magnus Jensen

A.K.A Geezus
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by KuskenLars
    My tip is to frameserve with virtual dub, that fixes almost all problems =)
    Just put Audio/Video on "Full Processing mode" and set filter in VDub instead of TMPEGEnc (A lot faster!!!)
    The audio can be converted... TMPEGEnc will read it correctly...
    Ok, Magnus. Er du dansk? I så fald vil jeg spørge om du kan forklare det sidste lidt grundigere, så selv jeg kan forstå det.

I guess that Virtual Dub is another prog, right. So let me get this straight: I should use VDub instead of TMP to encode Mpeg2 cause it's faster. And the audio can be converted how? Also by using VDub or what? And then TMP will read it correctly. But if I use VDub, then I don't need TMPG or do I?
    Sorry for being a hassle.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nej, jag är svensk, farsan är dansk...
    Virtual Dub is another program that edits AVI files. So no mpg2 encoding here, TMPGEnc will still do the encoding but Virtual Dub will speed it up and help the process...

You should set up Virtual Dub in a special way and it will "do stuff" instead of letting TMPGEnc do it...

crywolfuhuu: I'm writing an email aws... So check your email in about 5-10 mins...
    Magnus Jensen

A.K.A Geezus
    Quote Quote