VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an 18GB video file (MTS format) which contains 14 hours of video.
    Within that file is 4 hours of video I want to extract into separate MP4 file.

I have MCEBuddy2.3 and MovaviVideoEditor but neither seem to be able to successfully chop this up into smaller segments.

I can chop the large file up with MovaviMovieeditor, but when I try to export a portion of the larger file the audio is all out od fync and the video is cut short.

I'm wondering what software solution would be ideal for dealing with this large file and chopping it into smaller segments, deleting the sections I don't want and only keep the ones I do.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Avidemux
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Dave
    I will
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use AVIdemux. though it can be buggy at times with large files. Using the 64bit version seems more stable.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    I use AVIdemux. though it can be buggy at times with large files. Using the 64bit version seems more stable.
    Thanks.
    I downloaded and installed the 64bit version and I agree.

So far, I cannot get it to properly load a 18GB MTS video file. For unknown reasons it only loads the first 54 minutes (of 14) hours of the video.

But it loads 4GB MTS files just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Put the file into an MKV using mkvtoolnix and see if avidemux can handle that
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Put the file into an MKV using mkvtoolnix and see if avidemux can handle that
    Ok. I'll try that and thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If this is MPEG-TS then you can safely CHOP large file to separate pieces by simple binary SPLIT.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Avidemux seems to have solved the problem. Re-encoding seems to correct the problem with MTS files.

Thanks to all for your help.
    Quote Quote