VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    HI to everyone I have got a question I need to ask and it Is about downloading or streaming a video file from a site

how do you stream / download a video file from this site uktvplay.uktv.co.uk this site has a lot of old tv series and some of them was not brought out on dvd it is a free on demand site where you can watch all content for free on the site but there is a little problem I have i used for the site tubedigger software to download any video from the site but about a few months ago for some reason this software wont work any more for the site so then i emailed the tubedigger about the software and they said to me that they have changed it to drm now and they said to me that they use for The site using brightcove with HLS/m3u8 and X-KEY-> DRM but they said to me that this is a simply drm and can be downloaded with the right software they said to me that this is a easy drm to download but it still is drm i have tried tubedigger and getflv and both of them don't work so can anyone please tell me if there is a software that will download video files from uktvplay paid or free software i know that there is some youtube videos of some softwares but none of them seem to work so can anyone please help me with this problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by elm View Post
    but they said to me that this is a simply drm and can be downloaded with the right software they said to me that this is a easy drm to download but it still is drm
    Did tubedigger say what is the "right software" and where to get it?

The drm can be removed but I know of no publicly available tools. you'd have to research and code yourself.

Originally Posted by elm View Post
    from this site uktvplay.uktv.co.uk this site has a lot of old tv series and some of them was not brought out on dvd it
    Which series or video on uktvplay.uktv.co.uk, for example?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    no tubedigger did not say what is the right software they just said it uses drm and said it uses
    brightcove with HLS/m3u8 and X-KEY-> DRM but they did not say what software would download theses video files
    cos tubedigger does not work for that site anymore cos of the drm thing

and well there is a tv series I am after it is taskmaster

and here is the link to the 1st episode
    https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/taskmaster/watch-online/5827355680001
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    That episode seems to have drm on all platforms. An issue has been posted about uktvplay on youtube-dl github;
    Code:
    https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/17909
    The hls drm is playready, which uses "EXT-X-KEY:METHOD=SAMPLE-AES".

The dash drm is widevine.

The drm can be removed, but it is not super simple. You'll have to write your own code, pretty much from scratch. Allow at least 5 to 10 hours of coding work, unless you're really adept at this sort of stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    ok thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    The drm can be removed but I know of no publicly available tools. you'd have to research and code yourself.
    After doing as you suggested it seems the real issue is not how to decrypt the video (apple docs tell you how to decrypt fairply streams) but how to obtain the key, which is delivered to a CDM encrypted. Do you know how to do it?
    Quote Quote