VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate. When I make a file from a 16:9 move for upload to Youtube, there does not seem to be a 16:9 option (for example, it offers 360 x 288). As a result, Youtube uses the standard 4:3 window and the movie is compressed vertically.

Have I missed something in Studio 12 Ultimate? I cannot believe that it cannot output 16:9 to a file!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In which format you want your output?
    It's because you can select an display flag on a mpeg4 video (in m4v-Simple Profile,an older mpeg4 type) however Youtube disregard display flag or display aspect ratio except for mpeg2. And beside putting a flag on a mpeg4 video is tricky because every player will handle it differently

I don't know for Pinnacle but if it's something like Ulead surely you can select an avi container , use an user-select height and width with a codec such as divx or xvid

It's got to be square pixel (aka no display flag) for youtube
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks Starkian. Actually, I didn't really mind what the output format was provided it was 16:9 and Youtube could accept it!

But since my enquiry I have received helpful advice from Pinnacle which I post here for the benefit of anyone wth the same requirement. The answer is to output as a flash (.flv) file, for which Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate provides a whole range of 16:9 options which work fine. Youtube accepts these files and outputs them at 16:9 perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rogerd
    I am using Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate. When I make a file from a 16:9 move for upload to Youtube, there does not seem to be a 16:9 option (for example, it offers 360 x 288). As a result, Youtube uses the standard 4:3 window and the movie is compressed vertically.

Have I missed something in Studio 12 Ultimate? I cannot believe that it cannot output 16:9 to a file!
    I can output 16:9 avi with Pinnacle 9 Plus so I can't believe 12 won't do it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, Brassplyer. Of course, Studio 12 will output .avi and indeed generate complete projects in 16:9. But .avi files are far too large for uploading to Youtube which was the essence of my problem.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    avi is just a container it's not like mpeg2 or mpeg4 , when people talk about avi you can presume one of the 2 followings options
    1- uncompressed file , which are big files
    2- divx or xvid video

but it can be anything and in the case of youtube video it's safe to say that an avi file is a xvid or divx video.
    Quote Quote