VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does the DSS program that speeds up ripping on the DRU-510A cause any malfunctions or deteriorate to my drive ( shorten lifespan?) or is it a legit program to use that doest degrade the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's release by the company that makes the drive. Actually i haven;t had a big improvement, well at first i did then nothing just seems the same.
    "A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cops and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs." Tom Morello in Alternative Press
    Quote Quote  
  3. thats funny, cause while using dvd- decrypter backing up a movie was taking me 25 min with the overdrive on noisy as it was it dropped it down from 25 min to 9 min. It sure seemed like it worked to me
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but did you save your settimgs to the drive if not next time you restart it will return to its previous state
    Quote Quote  
  5. No I didnt save the settings, the question I had was using this program DSS from Sony to speed up the read speed on my drive, when in overdrive mode, is that detrimental to the drive. Ya know like overclocking a cpu sometimes wears it out faster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no buy the time u have used it there will be a new and cheaper unit ]
    the only problem you may have is the data it reads may not be read correctly due to weak sectors
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you noticed, it comes with a disclaimer that they aren't responsible on what happens to your unit should you use it.
    Quote Quote