VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an IDX and SUB file, not sure what either are lol, all I know is my player requires SRT files, is it possible to convert them to a single SRT file?

I found a guide on Google that explains this process, but only using Subresync, which is part of Vobsub program, but I can not get this application to startup, it wont load at all (Subresync) so is there any other programs out there that can do this easily? just a simple convert.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by kazz0817
    ...so is there any other programs out there that can do this easily? just a simple convert.
    DVDSubEdit will do a simple convert, but it'll need a lot of editing afterwards. It takes VOB, SUP or IFO input. SubtitleCreator will do an instant conversion from IDX/SUB to SUP. Otherwise you'll have to do an OCR and SubRip is better than SubResynch. But it's still not quite 'simple'.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So Subtitlecreator sound the best bet right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. No. It'll only make an SUP file from an IDX/SUB. And that SUP file can then be used in DVDSubEdit to convert to SRT very quickly. But the conversion has lots of problems and will need heavy editing afterwards if you're at all particular about the quality of the subs.

The best way to get an SRT from IDX/SUB is with SubRip. But if you didn't like SubResync, you won't like SubRip either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ill try Subrip, Subresync wouldnt boot up for me, Ill try find a guide on google for Subrip
    Quote Quote