VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have the latest firefox version and it doesn't seem to save the zoom setting, I think it used to.

I use my hdtv for surfing a lot (my dual core pc is connected to it via hdmi). So I need to adjust the zoom level a lot on different sites for comfortable reading.

Everytime I boot up the browser and go to videohelp.com I need to ctrl + 3 times or so to get the fill level set properly.

I have seen two addons after a google search:

No more squint
    save your eyes

However when I attempt to install them both say author not verified.

Are there any safe zoom lock add ons for firefox?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, I downloaded the update this morning (I had open windows that had the zoom set) and it closed FF, updated, then restored the session. The zoom values hadn't changed.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  3. When you use ctrl+or- to zoom in or out make sure you don't delete site browsing preferences under clear recent history,details....
    Last edited by dylz; 10th Mar 2011 at 12:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know NoSquint* should work. Did you try searching for it on addons.mozilla.org?

* I think that may be what you were referring to by "No more squint." I don't think I've heard of the second extension, though. Extensions/Add-Ons found through addons.mozilla.org should be safe, for the most part.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @slk001 - ok maybe its just me then...

@dylz - I just checked and the site preferences tab is unchecked so that should not be causing it.

Originally Posted by ai haibara
    I know NoSquint* should work. Did you try searching for it on addons.mozilla.org?
    I'll give it a try. I do not regularly look for addons for firefox so I don't know what is a safe reputable search farm for addons. Thanks I'll check it out. And I'm sure I got the name wrong I just did a quick search.

edit - I just checked the addons website and it did not show up - either spelling. Should I go ahead and install it? Its not a terrible nuisance just annoying.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hm? I just did a search on addons.mozilla.org, and it was the first result.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/
    Quote Quote  
  7. And here I am just using the Ctrl key + the scroll wheel to change the zoom. I just learned something new today.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that's what I usually do (I don't have NoSquint installed, though), but it seems that for some FF users, the default zoom level just won't 'stick.'
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ai haibara
    the default zoom level just won't 'stick.'
    Yep that seems to be my case.

I used your link and it did show up. I had used no squint with a space and didn't get it. Might have just been a glitch in the search engine.

It still showed author not known but since it is in there "official" add on page I decided to go ahead and install it. So far so good.

I had set my level for videohelp and closed it. I opened it up again and walla its there! Thanks.....
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I do.....Go into Tools > Option > Content. To the right of the font size click "advanced". Set the minimum font size to whatever you want it to be. Go back to a web page and refresh. Now all the fonts will not go any smaller that what you specified. You may have to do it a few time until you find the right font.... I just tried noquint though and I like it!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I'd had the problem with the zoom level as well, at one time, on my Linux setup, even with the minimum font size set; it still seemed to reset to a small display font (and I didn't want to set the minimum font size much higher than I already had). It didn't do that under Windows on the same system. So, I'd used NoSquint at that time.

I'm not using the same FF setup under Linux now, though, and it hasn't had the same problem so far, so I don't have NoSquint installed now.
    Quote Quote