VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

10 years ago i was working with dv camcorder.
    All video was transferred to my computer by dv cable real time and saved to avi file with dv codec.
    If i wanted to edit this video data. Just imported to premier with chose of dv codec from the list.
    And no rendering was needed.

Now my question is.

If I buy two Camcorders like:

1. Sony NEX VG10 (AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)))
    2. Canon XF100 (MPEG-2 4:2:2 50Mbps Codec (Canon XF Codec))

And if i want to edit video from both camcorders do i have to make both video files same format to work without rendering?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by QQeka View Post

And if i want to edit video from both camcorders do i have to make both video files same format to work without rendering?

Usually not, but it depends on the specific software you are using. Most will allow different formats

And some people choose to use an intermediate editing codec anyways for other reasons (speed, stability)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by QQeka View Post

Usually not, but it depends on the specific software you are using. Most will allow different formats

And some people choose to use an intermediate editing codec anyways for other reasons (speed, stability)
    I will use Adobe Premiere Pro CC
    Before was Adobe Premier 6

So it wont by like this "Made some changes (Cuted,Added effect) and have to render all movie (Not just effect i added) if i want to make preview by pressing space bar.)

I will go read about (intermediate editing codec) tnx.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's not necessariy in PP CC - those formats are supported natively

And they will be "file spanned" clips for longer shoots for those (videos recorded on flash cards are usually split up, not one large contiguous file - and you need to import the whole file directory structure with accessory files intact to keep sync and avoid problems like glitches)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!