VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I'm sure I'm similar to a lot of people that start here that either want to start a youtube channel or, like me, have one but it's kind of pathetic. I use this free app right now named "youcut" so my "videos" are essentially me talking into a crappy mic and then inserting 3 or 4 royalty free images throughout. My question is this, what is the best way to capture video? I understand many probably download torrents, but I'd like to do it legally. I just downloaded shotcut for PC, so if I buy a DVD, can I just load the video from the dvd into shotcut and start editing?

I'm sorry I'm so clueless but I am a writer with a good speaking voice and if I can get a grip on the video end of this, I feel like I could do some good things.

Thanks in advance.

-Jason Hebert
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by JasonHebert1 View Post
    I understand many probably download torrents, but I'd like to do it legally ... so if I buy a DVD, can I just load the video from the dvd into shotcut and start editing?
    Do you think creating your videos from retail DVDs makes it legal? This is a very bad plan, especially if you ever intend to monetize your channel.
    Quote Quote