VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    And what should I set for minimum and average bitrate?

But I don't know what's the use of that. You should check the HcEnc version instead, because as I mentioned with the Sony Version there is no problem. However I'd like to stick to the HCEnc version. I don't like the quality of what Sony outputs.
    Last edited by Bencuri; 12th Aug 2018 at 05:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Minimum 4000, Average 5500

You still miss my point. I want to minimise the number of 'hops'. Too many programs being used with more opportunity to introduce issues.

I still fail to understand your residence to the Vegas encode since you have been told more than once that the HcEnc version is visually inferior.

Your choice. The offer is there. If there is no issue with the Sony version on all platforms - software and hardware playback and either laptop - then, yes, the files are irrelevant and there would be little point.

The only other thing I can suggest is back to avstodvd. Do not mux but introduce the video and audio as separate files. I think you can do that and let that program do the muxing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, tomorrow, in case I can install a version of DVD architect, I will send a version to you. Or author the DVD right from Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry but Vegas does not author dvds. Just what version are you using and is it the 'Pro' one. ?

Just makes me wonder..........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    12.0 64bit pro, there is an option like that
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I tried to make a DVD directory for you to see, but DVD architect reports a problem.

[Attachment 46468 - Click to enlarge]

My Sony Vegas Pro does have a burn option, but that one wants to burn only in interlaced. As this project needs resizing, I would like to stick to progressive. I can only send a DVD folder that is made by thrid party software like Corel or AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not use Vegas etc. myself but I do find those messages puzzling. But only you know what actually is on track 1 or the menu.

Try avstodvd but as I suggested with separate video and audio streams. Thus eliminating the external muxing at the least
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I seem to have found the source of peoblems. Quite annoying reason: the standalone player has an option in the quick menu during playback, to set audio sync. It was set to the max, I don't know if anyone from the family tempered with it or it was a factory default. When I set it back to zero, the disc plays fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There may be a few lessons learnt here and all are useful for the community at large.

1. No one will convince me that the torturos path ie using multiple loops (several programs and sources) is the proper way to go.

2. Those unexplained errors in DVD Architect somewhat back up my view that there are/were errors in the initial source.

3. One should always explore the setting of ALL players BEFORE jumping to a conclusion.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Actually the problem here is a bit more complex. I think the max latency setting is a factory default in the DVD player. I checked other DVDs, and similar tutorials does seem to have out of sync audio. The problem in their case is not that obvious though. So I checked it deeper and I realized that normally, the 120ms delay that the player adds by default is visible, but will still be unnoticeable to most viewers. That's why I didn't notice the delay in case of third party content. However, in my case, I noticed that the end of the video is still viewable with 120ms delay, while the beginning not. As I always used the beginning of the files to test, I didn't notice this before. Even this way I had to watch the end and beginning a lot of times to notice there is some kind of difference. And here comes the twist: in my case the 120ms delay added by the player was noticeable because I used the merged TS files in my project, at the beginning part, and in those files the original -80ms delay set for the MTS was not saved, and I can see in Vegas that the audio for the TS parts start exactly 80ms later. 120ms added by the player and that 80ms will become noticeable, so that's why I felt my DVDs are late, and the factory ones doesn't. While watching the mpegs only, I felt no delay, because then only the 80ms delay was present, and it is not very noticeable alone.

Moreover, maybe there is a rule to add some more negative delay value to the audio apart from these, considering that latency can occur from the speed of sound during recording and watching too. I am not sure about this though. But maybe factory DVDs have seen a modification like this during production, that's why they seem to be more proper on sync.

So anyone reads this thread: the conclusion is that merged files have to be checked for proper timing of audio, if they are intended for DVD burning. And maybe even in other cases to keep the sync proper. And TSMuxer merged files need to be adjusted for audio.

So actually this problem had nothing to do with exporting by frameserver, and the inability of DVD architect to produce a playable DVD (just like Wondershare, that couldn't burn a proper one either) is independent of this problem.
    Last edited by Bencuri; 25th Aug 2018 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote