VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I have a .webm (video) file. I wish to burn a DVD of that file so I can watch it on a TV/DVD player.

Ashampoo FREE Burning Studio 6 requires a folder containing VOB, IFO and BUP files usually found in a folder named Video_TS.

I launched Ashampoo and clicked Browse but it won’t proceed because there are no VOB, IFO and BUP files, just a .webm file.

VLC Media Player can convert video to other formats but VOB, IFO and BUP are not listed.

I would very much appreciate your insights and suggestions as to how I might burn a DVD of a .webm file?

Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use AVStoDVD to make a DVD folder structure (VIDEO_TS) or ISO image and burn with Ashampoo FREE Burning Studio (ore ImgBurn)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi videobruger,

Thank you for sharing that.

I was glancing at this thread - http://club.myce.com/f32/avstodvd-guide-331620/

MrC recommends that you have AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter installed into your system for best compatibility with various types of media files. Edit: Mr C has moved on to using the LAV filters, and I recommend using them instead. This is optional (except AviSynth), but I also believe it is the best course to take unless you have a specific reason not to install these into your system.

My questions are:

1. If I wish to burn a DVD-R of a .webm file to play a non-blue ray DVD do I need to download and install all 3 - AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter?

Or will ffdshow suffice?

2. Does AVStoDVD provide you the specific option to save or export your project as VIDEO_TS which Ashampoo searches for when one burns?

Thank you again for all your kind help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD by definition is "non-Blu-Ray". There are DVD's and Blu-Ray discs. Blu-Ray discs are not "DVD's".

As to your actual questions:
    1) you would install whichever are needed by your software, or whichever you intend to use. You really only need one, but each one could output different results.

2) I don't know as I've not used it. Should be easy enough to check if you have it installed.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by eager to learn View Post
    Hi videobruger,

Thank you for sharing that.

I was glancing at this thread - http://club.myce.com/f32/avstodvd-guide-331620/

MrC recommends that you have AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter installed into your system for best compatibility with various types of media files. Edit: Mr C has moved on to using the LAV filters, and I recommend using them instead. This is optional (except AviSynth), but I also believe it is the best course to take unless you have a specific reason not to install these into your system.

My questions are:

1. If I wish to burn a DVD-R of a .webm file to play a non-blue ray DVD do I need to download and install all 3 - AviSynth, ffdshow and Haali media splitter?

Or will ffdshow suffice?

2. Does AVStoDVD provide you the specific option to save or export your project as VIDEO_TS which Ashampoo searches for when one burns?

Thank you again for all your kind help.
    Don't use ffdshow and Haali splitter. Just install the LAV filters instead.

By default, AVStoDVD will output as DVD-video, which has a folder with the Video_TS folder within it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Kerry 56,

Thank you so much for sharing the links and your experience.

I'll try to follow through on all that this weekend.

Thank you again for your kind help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD does not recognize WEBM files. Why was this recommended?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ This is one of several topics started by the OP about, essentially, the same WebM >> DVD >> vob blah, blah.

In the most recent, one respondent has claimed to use avstodvd to convert such a file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by RowRowYourBoat View Post
    AVStoDVD may not officially support WEBM, but it certainly works.
    You need to make sure you have your directshow environment setup properly - eg. LAV flters

Much enlightenment can be found from looking at the log
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You need to make sure you have your directshow environment setup properly - eg. LAV flters

Better to share enlightenment than lord it over others.

AVStoDVD does not recognize WEBM files. They cannot be added to the Source Titles window. How is it then that looking at a log file will flip a switch to cause AVStoDVD to suddenly begin working with WEBM? Perhaps you are going to suggest simply changing the file extension? Selecting LAV filters affects the processing of files, not which files the software can process.

But if you have found a way to get AVStoDVD to process WEBM files, do let us know—without all the theatrics. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no WebM files, but just now for fun I used AVStoDVD to create a DVD from a short 2160p demo file I have. It is an MKV file with VP9 video and Vorbis audio (the same as used by WebM). AVStoDVD worked, although I had to input a frame rate for the video since it was VFR. (The website where I found the MKV file claimed it was 2160p60, so I typed 59.94 as the frame rate.)

If you don't want to go to the trouble of copying the audio and video to an MKV file with the ffmpeg command line jagabo gave you in your other thread, maybe simply changing the file extension to "mkv" would work since WebM is based on MKV.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

Better to share enlightenment than lord it over others.

AVStoDVD does not recognize WEBM files. They cannot be added to the Source Titles window. How is it then that looking at a log file will flip a switch to cause AVStoDVD to suddenly begin working with WEBM? Perhaps you are going to suggest simply changing the file extension? Selecting LAV filters affects the processing of files, not which files the software can process.

But if you have found a way to get AVStoDVD to process WEBM files, do let us know—without all the theatrics. Thank you.
    Hello - no theatrics, I always help when I can, but I misunderstood the problem, I didn't realize you couldn't physically
    add the webm to the Window. I now see it's not an A2D problem, but a lack of basic Windows know-how, and that's
    surprising and almost beyond the scope of this forum.
    You can either drag and drop the file, or you can add the file by right clicking in the blank space under "source titles",
    add title, and in the file selection window on the lower right, choose "All Files(*)"
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	webm_file.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	42414  

Quote Quote