VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have ripped 2 bluray's to my harddrive using the backup function of Makemkv and i have then ripped the films to mkv, but i am now trying to rip the subtitles for the foreign parts of the film using HDBR stream extractor but its not working and i think there is still protection on them, so i am looking for something that might allow me to get rid of the protection or another program that can rip the subs also the backup films dont playback either i have tried bluray region code remover but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    try clown_bd
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have two questions:

1) Can MakeMKV rip to hard drive *without* converting to MKV? New feature? I haven't used it in a while.
    2) Title of the movie?

And I have a suggestion: Use DVDFabPasskey (free while it's beta) in the background to decrypt in conjunction with Clown_BD, as Baldrick says. Never failed yet for me, whatever stream I tried to extract. OTOH, and this may no longer apply, but MakeMKV always screwed the subs for me somehow. Couldn't extract them, and couldn't display them in MPCHC. So your problem seems suspiciously like what I experienced. I confess I only used MakeMKV maybe a dozen times, but there you are. Try another method to confirm whether the problem is or is not MakeMKV.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    tried this but it didn't work

fritzi93
    Re: Need Help With Ripped Bluray
    I have two questions:

1) Can MakeMKV rip to hard drive *without* converting to MKV? New feature? I haven't used it in a while.
    2) Title of the movie?

Yes make mkv has a backup option, so you can backup full disk.
    The movies are godzilla and the mummy

I think your right it might be an makemkv problem but i think it need to try some more programs than can extract subtitles, so if you have any ideas of good sub extraction programs please let me know, or is there an easy to use site that i can download subtitles from
    Last edited by adamf154; 30th Oct 2010 at 00:15.
    Quote Quote