Page 22 of 24
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any ideas why this is showing up? It keeps on reopening constantlyImage
    [Attachment 61007 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. See if you can set LEGACY/CSM MODE in BIOS. Windows 7 in PURE UEFI MODE won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello thank you for your nice work!
    I'm trying to update a italian windows 7 64bit SP1 multi iso image and everything work fine until stage 11, for two times it hangs on 4% when it's unmounting winre image.
    Any ideas how to solve this problem?

[Attachment 61322 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by EnfanTerrible View Post
    Hello thank you for your nice work!
    I'm trying to update a italian windows 7 64bit SP1 multi iso image and everything work fine until stage 11, for two times it hangs on 4% when it's unmounting winre image.
    Any ideas how to solve this problem?

[Attachment 61322 - Click to enlarge]
    try running the check disc & system file checker
    just right click on your drive - click properties - tools - check
    both check disc & system file checker, restart your computer and let the
    tools run. after it finishes, then try updating your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 61504 - Click to enlarge]
    iso downloader that is in the tool is now broken
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    you have another source? because only the iso in the tool works for me for some reason
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    mmh this one give me bluescreen too
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i went to the ''the eye'' discord server and apparently someone found a backup of the MSDN files used by ''the eye'' website do you know which is the exact file used in the windows updater tool? https://msdn.hackerc.at/Windows%207/ Image
    [Attachment 61705 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi -

1st off, thanks for the work you've done in making this available to the english speaking world. Hugely appreciated. I've spent the best part of 3 weeks trying to get an Asus z390 to run W7 - even with so called "USB 2.0" ports!

Using the amazing tool, and I'm in the process of creating my install - got a Windows Defender positive on amdhub3.sys

Would you be so kind as to check that the dl link has not been tampered with etc, to help set my mind at rest ? 95% sure this will just be a false positive (M$ trying to stop installs :P ), but wanted to triple check.

Thanks in advance!

RB
    Quote Quote  
  10. First off, thanks to Atak_Snajpera for this amazing tool.

Since I just spent a few days struggling through all of this and ran into a lot of the problems in this thread, I wanted to share some of the things I did to finally get this installed.

I am installing on 2 different Intel systems (i7-7700/ASRock h270m-itx/ac/SATA M.2 drive, i7-10700/ASRock h570m/itx-ac/NVMe WD SN750).

First things first, make sure you use the specific base Windows 7 ISO recommended by the tool. The in-tool link is broken but you can get a copy of the version specified here:

Code:
    https://archive.org/details/en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332_202006
    There is a direct download link but I opted for the torrent for much faster download speeds.

I had originally ran the tool on a different ISO version (7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso), which resulted in the tool "completing" on step 11 and outputting a Windows7.iso that would install but then be unable to use USB3 after getting to first-time account setup. By using the suggested ISO, the tool completed all the steps.

I also ran into an issue when running the tool on a 4-core 4-thread Ryzen 2200g / 16GB RAM system where I ran out of system memory (too many Chrome tabs open ). The tool log output directed me to the DISM logs (C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log) where I could see the specific error cause. Running the tool on my i7-10700 / 16GB system allowed the tool to complete. I chose to install drivers and updates for just Windows 7 Ultimate and that took ~1hr to create the Windows7.iso.

Using the created iso, I created a bootable USB using Rufus (use MBR partition scheme), enabled CSM in the BIOS, and was able to complete Windows 7 setup on both systems.

One final gotcha I encountered was that booting from USB would fail on one of my systems where I had no discrete graphics card and was plugged into the onboard motherboard HDMI. I plugged in a spare Radeon HD 6450 and then everything proceeded smoothly.

Hopefully this helps someone.
    Quote Quote  
  11. First of all THANK YOU Atak Snajpera! I even had to register on the forum because of this post! I've been trying off and on for over a year to find a way to get Windows 7 to work with my setup but I've had no luck! Your patcher with my old ISO (RTM-Pre SP1) worked like a dream! The install had no issues and it booted with USB working on the first try! There was no Device Manager issues what so ever!

There is one little issue I'm having with my SATA SSD when it comes to 4k read/write and I was wondering if there was any idea what it could be? At this point I will take the performance hit because it's such a joy to be on an OS that I know isn't just spyware, smartphone, limited, UGLY CRAP! But, I'd really like to get it up to speed...

My Specs:
    -MSI B450 MAX Gaming Plus (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX#down-manual)
    -16 GB Ram
    -Samsung SATA SSDs
    -Ryzen 7 5700G
    -GTX 970

Here's a shot of the desktop:
    [Attachment 62606 - Click to enlarge]

Here's CrystalDiskMark (8.04) with 5, 1GB tests on Windows 10 (LTSC IoT [it sucks going back to 2019 LTSC for dual boot]):
    [Attachment 62607 - Click to enlarge]

and here's the same test in Windows 7:
    [Attachment 62608 - Click to enlarge]

Any ideas out there?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Check again but with 10 GiB sample.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Check again but with 10 GiB sample.
    There was no 10 GiB, so I did 16 GiB...

Win10:
    [Attachment 62623 - Click to enlarge]

Win7:
    [Attachment 62624 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  14. Run my simple console benchmark to verify any performance degradation
    https://forum.pclab.pl/topic/1284820-iospeedtester-konsolowy-program-do-mierzenia-pr%C...nsferu-danych/

0) create temp folder on drive C: and K:
    1) run cmd.exe
    2) execute IOSpeedTester --test-location c:\temp --transfer-size 16GiB --buffer-size 4KiB --threads 64

Example result on my SATA3 SSD
    Quote Quote  
  15. In device manager show me what you have under IDE ATA Controllers
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    In device manager show me what you have under IDE ATA Controllers
    DevMan:
    [Attachment 62645 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  17. Uninstall AMD SATA drivers. Let Windows 7 use default msahci driver
    Quote Quote  
  18. Windows 7 AS SDD + DevMan
    [Attachment 62658 - Click to enlarge]

Win10 Test with AS SDD:
    [Attachment 62659 - Click to enlarge]

Edit:
    This is so strange... even with a fresh install same issues... I have no idea what's going on here... smh.
    Last edited by IraAbaddon; 1st Jan 2022 at 02:12.
    Quote Quote  
  19. So I thought maybe I'd remove the AMD SATA drivers from the ISO and install again... no luck. Also I changed CDM to 64 Threads

Windows 7:
    [Attachment 62766 - Click to enlarge]

Windows 10:
    [Attachment 62767 - Click to enlarge]

Edit:
    Also tested ASSSD and still scoring in the 800s
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Asus Rog Strix Z590 E MB, I9-11900K, 32G of 3600 Ram, Asus Rog 3060TI, approx 20 Terabyte in NVME, SSD, and HDD Drives. Newest Asus Bios 1202. PS/2 PCI-E add on card to help get past the screen everyone been encountering when trying to install W7 on new/er computers. W10Pro so that I'm able to use my system. Currently dl'ing the Win 7 linked in deviljin's post.

Atak_Snajpera, do you know if your solution will work on the above specs. I currently have W7 installed but need/ed to use the PS/2 card in order to have mouse and keyboard, tried to install USB3 drivers and LAN but not having any success as of today. I take it that the file that I'm dl'ing is a virgin W7 SP1 ISO and that's what is needed to apply your program?? Did I dl the newest edition of your program, 2020-08-07 or is there a newer one. THANKS for all you've done.
    Last edited by draziw; 3rd Feb 2022 at 00:40. Reason: grammer
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since my last post I have been able to install W7U on my Asus Z590 E. It wasn't easy, and I have 3 exclamation marks in the Device Manager.1. is the Network Controller, which has to do with my MB having an Intel WiFi 6E AX210, no 7 drivers that I can find unless someone is able to modify W10's. 2. PCI Simple Communication Controller, ID hardware has it as Intel Chip Management Engine. Lastly, Realtek USB2.0 Audio. I have another but it has no bearing on W7 as it has to do with my Rift S.

So this is how I was able to do it to the best of my knowledge. Tried to do Atak_Snajpera's program firstly with W10 but it didn't go as planned. 10 minuets and it was done, and after reading some of the post about the time it took for some, I was suspicious of my results. I was right, it hadn't worked, and when I wanted to make the ISO it wouldn't put it on the desktop, couldn't find it any where. So I tried it on my limited W7U install. It went as it should, approx about half hour and put an ISO on the Desktop. But when I tried to use the installation program it would hang at the screen with the swirling dots after a couple of revolutions and my DVD LED would flicker but not hearing the disk turning. Tried a couple of times, waited as much as a half hour with the same results. I tried one of 20 or so DVDs I had made trying to over come the USB3 hurtle. Even with the drivers injected I had no KB or mouse. I had been trying to get 7 on my system for a couple of months, countless hours pouring over the Internet, watching videos, reading forums and trying to make Unattended Answer files to get 7 installed. I ended up buying a PS/2 PCI adapter board which in the end was the greatest asset.

It was said that if you used an DVD drive that it would save a lot of grief, not in my case. I have a USB2 header on the MB and until you were able to get the Intel USB3 hub acknowledged in the Device Manager they won't work. I lucked out, by choosing a DVD that I had gotten NVME installed on it by using Asus EZ installer. From there I was able to access the various drivers I had collected from my searching here and other forums, YouTube. I thought that if I used the installer programs that came with the drivers that I'd be alright, wrong. What I ended up doing was to pick an exclamation mark, and have it search thru my drives to get the needed drivers.

So I would like to thank each and all for your hard work, you made it possible for me to have 7 when others said no way that it can be done. Now if I was to be able to use my wireless and get rid of the rest of the exclamation marks that would be the icing on the cake!!!
    Quote Quote  
  22. I installed Windows 7 on Intel Alder Lake with Asus B660-F motherboard and computer working wonderful, super snappy. However a few drivers are missing. Is there something compatible intel chipset driver or so?

[Attachment 63320 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlexsHunter View Post
    I installed Windows 7 on Intel Alder Lake with Asus B660-F motherboard and computer working wonderful, super snappy. However a few drivers are missing. Is there something compatible intel chipset driver or so?

have you tried right clicking and select update driver ??
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by AlexsHunter View Post
    I installed Windows 7 on Intel Alder Lake with Asus B660-F motherboard and computer working wonderful, super snappy. However a few drivers are missing. Is there something compatible intel chipset driver or so?

have you tried right clicking and select update driver ??
    Yes, does not find anything on internet. At least the lan driver i could install from a modded driver pack. So basically i can use the Windows, just missing all those things.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does This Work On Lenovo Legion 5 15IMH05 On Intel Core i7 10750H 10th Gen Comet Lake?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my case - Network Controller = Intel WiFi 6E AX210, Haven't found drivers suitable for 7.
    PCI Simple Communication Controller, ID hardware has it as Intel Chip Management Engine, drivers I have on the Installation DVD's says, not compatible with OS
    Realtek USB2.0 Audio - nothing I've tried, worked for this either.
    PCI Device - Had to do with Intel Controllers- See attached pics

I also used a Program "Snappy Drivers" Free to Use, which identified a lot of the drivers needed, plus this Zipped file 7updrivers.7z
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20220214_115440.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	63377  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220214_115511.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	63378  

Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Installed Windows 7 And It Went Fine. But Booting The Full OS For The First Time Gives Me The Famous "ACPI BIOS Error" Is There Any Way To Fix This Or Am I Stuck With Windows 10? And Where Can I Find 7updrivers.7z?
    Last edited by Visualwit; 14th Feb 2022 at 12:34.
    Quote Quote