VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I was just wondering about this. It has pretty major multimedia related features, screenshot taking, screencasting. I never used it for anything else to be honest.

Speaking of... I'm surprised there's no section in the forum for screen recording, snapshot taking. This is exactly a forum where I would expect to see such.
    Quote Quote  
  2. There may not be a specific section on 'screen recording' but if you do a search you can find hundreds of 'screen recording' posts. Surly one of those should help you.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mzso View Post
    Hi!

I was just wondering about this. It has pretty major multimedia related features, screenshot taking, screencasting. I never used it for anything else to be honest.

Speaking of... I'm surprised there's no section in the forum for screen recording, snapshot taking. This is exactly a forum where I would expect to see such.
    Most who know about it think of MSI Afterburner as being primarily a graphics card overclocking tool. Perhaps it is not listed because its primary purpose is something other than screen capture. (For example. VLC is a media player with the ability to do screenshots and perform screen capture too, but since that is not its primary purpose, it is listed elsewhere.) Video capture is a relatively recent addition to MSI Afterburner. The 2019 review that I read indicated that the addition of screen capture seems like an afterthought and there are better choices for screen capture software available.

As you noted, there is a software section for screen capture and recording that focuses on dedicated, generic screen capture tools. Screen capture/recording as a topic of discussion is assigned to the "Video Streaming Downloading" subforum if you read the description for that subforum.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Oct 2019 at 13:49. Reason: Clarification
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmmm. I just found an old thread of mine, when I was again surprised that the app is not listed on the site.

On a positive note there's a section for screen recording nowadays!

Since a bunch of it is commercial and/or abandonware, I think Afterburner is a worthy addition.

Edit:
    I just noticed this on guru3d: "Only Guru3D.com and MSI are legally permitted to distribute MSI Afterburner; the same is true for Rivatuner statistics server, Rivatuner CORE application, and RTSS-related files"

So that excludes hosting it, but not listing it and linking to downloads.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a link to submit suggestions for new video software at the top of the software page. This is the link: https://www.videohelp.com/softwareedit?newtool=1.

I have nothing against MSI and even built two desktops using MSI motherboards but it may not meet the eligibility requirements for listing it here. It is primarily for overclocking, not a dedicated screen capture tool. Only owners of MSI hardware are eligible to use it. VideoHelp is not permitted to distribute it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote