VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After reading that for gaming using Windows 11 on AMD can have negative performance I was wondering whether someone is using it an can say whether there are also issues during video editing/filtering/encoding to be expected when using an AMD cpu.

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have no intention of moving to Win 11 until it has been in the wild for at least 6 months to a year, so that any issues become apparent and there has been a chance for an update or two. Win 10 didn't really come into its own until after the first big update and I suspect the same will happen with Win 11.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Been on windows 11 for the last 3 months and find it to be just as good as windows 10 or better for playing games,also it fixed a few issues that windows 10 had.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you using an AMD cpu?
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ryzen 5 5600x.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Since my Desktop won't accept 11 I had to install it on my laptop. It works nice tbh
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been running Windows 11 since August 28th 2021, it's been very good. I did run into a problem with Losslesscut however, I couldn't get the installation version to run, it wouldn't run even with a change in compatibility settings. The portable version does work for me. It is the only software so far that had an issue for me. Visually everything has rounded corners. A right click in Windows 11 offers you a shorter menu, you have an additional step when you want to rename a file. You can get the right click full menu by pressing shift & F10.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I upgraded to Windows 11 this week. So far, everything is working stably, except for Photoshop. I am having problems transferring my license. So I use the free background remover and other free image editing counterparts for now. The OS works stably, I like the updated design. Especially the grouping of windows, it helps a lot when working.
    Last edited by Appoloh; 3rd Dec 2021 at 03:46.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It's not the first time I see info about Windows 11. Is it possible to install it on MacBook somehow?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by MarlieMathews View Post
    It's not the first time I see info about Windows 11. Is it possible to install it on MacBook somehow?
    If your Macbook is x68/64 Intel based, then you can dual boot Windows and MacOS quite easily.

If your Macbook uses the new Apple/ARM CPU, you can join the Windows Insider program and try installing Windows 11 for ARM, but I have no idea if Apple's security will allow this with all of the crap built into their new ARM based CPUs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (Build 22623.1037) on Intel CPU here.
    Fast and reliable, no problems at all.
    Quote Quote  
  12. As I remember, there are much more people using Windows 10 instead of Windows 11. As a Linux user, I'm still interested in trying out Windows, but I'm not sure how to get a product key. I've seen some posts on Reddit claiming to have product keys for sale, but I'm not sure if they are legitimate. If anyone has any experience with these Reddit posts or has any other advice on getting a product key for Windows 10, I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by EmmettBarr; 2nd Jan 2023 at 06:30.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use Windows for 60 days(?) without a key.

I wouldn't trust a reddit post, there are plenty of places to get a legit key. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/get-windows-10-free-or-cheap,5717.html
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can get cheap keys on ebay because they have been taken from abandoned computers but once in awhile some keys get used by the original owner.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hey there! I'm new on this forum, but I've been using Windows 11 for a while now. Honestly, I haven't noticed any negative performance issues while gaming on my AMD CPU. But, I'm not sure about video editing/filtering/encoding, as I haven't really tried it yet. However, I've heard that Windows 11 has some cool features that can help with video editing. If you're worried about performance issues, you might want to check out some forums or reviews to see what other AMD users are saying. Oh, and by the way, if you want to buy microsoft windows 11 pro, I heard it's a pretty good investment, especially for creative heads. Anyway, just my thoughts.
    Last edited by JavierAnthony; 9th May 2023 at 19:48.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well give it a try and let us know how it went.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Allan74 View Post
    Originally Posted by MarlieMathews View Post
    It's not the first time I see info about Windows 11. Is it possible to install it on MacBook somehow?
    If your Macbook is x68/64 Intel based, then you can dual boot Windows and MacOS quite easily.

If your Macbook uses the new Apple/ARM CPU, you can join the Windows Insider program and try installing Windows 11 for ARM, but I have no idea if Apple's security will allow this with all of the crap built into their new ARM based CPUs.
    DOES NOT work yet. Best avenue for new machines is emulation/VM, using Parallels: https://machow2.com/parallels-review/.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    After reading that for gaming using Windows 11 on AMD can have negative performance I was wondering whether someone is using it an can say whether there are also issues during video editing/filtering/encoding to be expected when using an AMD cpu.

Cu Selur
    Yes, using a Ryzen 9 3900X, on Windows 11 22H2 - It is very stable and does what I need.
    Quote Quote