VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a stack of Verbatim BDXL discs, hoping to use them as backup data storage. I have two laptops, both running Windows 10, and neither recognizes the disc (any of them). The laptops are about 5 years old, so I purchased an external drive that purportedly permits burning. The external drive, like my laptops' drives, can see CDs and DVDs, but won't recognize my BDXL discs.

[Attachment 61512 - Click to enlarge]

So I'm at a loss. My googling for someone with the same problem came up empty, but I noticed that BDXL discs are discussed here often enough that I figure maybe someone here, despite that my problem has nothing to do with video, knows where I should be looking or what I should be doing.

TIA
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's a DVD writer - Blu Ray reader?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, and yes, I didn't read the fine print, obviously. The product came up in an Amazon search for BDXL writers but Amazon is as undiscerning as I evidently was. Thanks and my apologies for wasting anyone's time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The link you posted doesn't have "BDXL" written on it

you have to look for the BDXL logo and ask the seller if you're not sure. All kinds of crap shows up when I search for BDXL
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 4kblurayguru View Post
    The link you posted doesn't have "BDXL" written on it

you have to look for the BDXL logo and ask the seller if you're not sure. All kinds of crap shows up when I search for BDXL
    Slim external drives that can read or burn BDXL media may not have the logo due to not having as much space for printing. Here is an example https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-XS07S

It is better to look at the specs, remembering that BD media with 3 or 4 layers equals BDXL.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote