VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

My version of VirtualDub 64 (build 44282) won't capture video all of a sudden, but still opens AVS scripts. I'm guessing due to a Windows 10 update. I was able to roll back to September 25th and now I can capture.

Does this mean I can not receive any more Windows updates or else I'll lose my ability to capture? I peaked at AmarecTV and that doesn't look like something I'll want to use to capture.

Do any of you have a PC or MAC that you use only for video capture? Never log online?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using Virtual Dub 1.9.11 on Win 10 64 20H2 no problems. For capture, is there any need to use VD 64?

To process your scripts, use your VD 64.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two versions of VirtualDub 2. I thought I had both 32 & 64 versions, but when I open the version that I thought was 32, it says VirtualDub 2 (build 44282/release). The version I think that's 64 says VirtualDub 2 (build 44282/release AMD64). I thought since the [32 bit?] version didn't have the AMD64 in the build, then it is 32 bit. Is this not correct?

Both versions were affected by the latest Win 10 update. I guess I use VD 64 even for capture because my plugins are 64 bit. So it's out of habit really. If the 32bit version doesn't get affected by any updates, than I'll gladly use that for capture.

I don't know which version or build my Win 10 is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the 1.9.11 I'm using:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-conversion/1727-virtualdub-filters-pre.html

My VD2 44282 32-bit version has, on the Help>About screen, "complied for X86", which I assume is the clue that it is the 32bit version.

You can get your Windows version in Settings, then search for "About".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I click on Help>About it says "Complied for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 for X86". Sorry, I didn't mention that in my last post. How can I tell which build my 32 bit version is?

When I check the version of Windows it says "21H1", yet when I check for available updates, it says "21H1 pending install".

I'll try and get VD 1.9.11 and use for capturing. Maybe this won't be affected by all the damn updates.

Thank you for your help Alwyn.
    Quote Quote