VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All,
    I have captured HD video with my Canon HF10, edited it with Sony Vegas Pro, and rendered the output to an MPEG2 video stream (template blue ray 1920x1080 50i 25 Mbps). In DVD architect I have created a project with a menu based blue ray disc format with same video format.

Testing the content in architect with the "preview" function looks good, the menus do what I expect. I then "burn" an ISO image to my hard drive, and later burn a disc with architect.

If I open the optical drive with windows explorer I see nothing (empty drive).

I have repeated the burn from the ISO image with ImgBurn with the same result. Is that how it should be? I would have expected to be able to see the files. The ISO image is 12 Gb and the burn time is matching this size.

I do not have a set-top BR player yet so I can not test the disc that way.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install a UDF 2.5 reader, like http://download.videohelp.com/download/UDFReaderv25.zip , and windows xp should be able to explore the files on the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, it works.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Install a UDF 2.5 reader, like http://download.videohelp.com/download/UDFReaderv25.zip , and windows xp should be able to explore the files on the disc.
    Maybe there should be a sticky about this program since this is a common XP problem and this program can't be found via a search in the Tools section.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    jman98: Yep. Adding the udf reader to the tools section also.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I got this message, below. I guess it relates to this issue, and will prob serve others with similar messages when they too embark on the bluray jeorney:

I'm still struggling with my new usb Buffalo BRHC-6316U2 bluray writer: trying to author bluray discs via BD-RE disc, and when I write (not that I know what I'm doing) because of this message, I can't view the disc. But, I was wondering if this means I can play those files that I *seem* to have burned to this disc. Sorry for sounding sort of stupid, but I'm so confused and disoriented with nero 8 and bluray authoring and I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Anyway, thanks for this driver, I'm pretty sure its just what I'm looking for, too. Well, I guess I'll find out soon enought, no need to response, anyone. Thanks again.

-vhelp 5054
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, for me, this driver doesn't work for my bluray reading on windows xp home edition w/ sp2. I get "can't recignise media" error. Got the same error prior to installing driver, so I don't think it was driver issue not make anything on my end any worse. Oh well.

-vhelp 5056
    Quote Quote