VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi (yet again)!

Now, I am going to discuss something other than viewing live streams on external programs at this time and discuss about another thing.

I recently got a Memorex Mi8000BLK iFlip 8.4-Inch Portable Video System for iPod (Look it up) and didn't came with a power connector. I decided to buy a connector from eBay with the SAME voltage, SAME amperage, and SAME wattage, but the connector end that plugs to the device (The "Barrel") is not the same.

As myself being a starter hobbyist find that it's easy to just find another barrel end and just solder it in, but the barrel that can fit the Mi8000BLK is definitely something I never saw or owned before.

Anybody know where I can find a barrel end that can fit the unit?

Here are some specs that the unit needs if anyone needs it:
    Output needed: 12V DC, 2.5A, 30W
    Polarity: Positive on center
    Diameter of the barrel needed (Approximate): 1.4 mm (Interior) x 4 mm (Exterior)
    (Sorry if this is not the correct sub-forum to put this in. If this thread does not talk about any material that relates to this sub-forum, please move this to "Off Topic")
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you talking about a male or a female connector? Those dimensions are unusual for a standard female power connector, a 4 mm barrel connector usually has a 1.7 mm hole. Unless you're looking for a male it would make sense for a 1.4 mm pin size to fit the 1.7 mm female.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Pikachu4170 View Post
    (Look it up)
    Kiss off.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Are you talking about a male or a female connector? Those dimensions are unusual for a standard female power connector, a 4 mm barrel connector usually has a 1.7 mm hole. Unless you're looking for a male it would make sense for a 1.4 mm pin size to fit the 1.7 mm female.
    It's a female connector, but the kind that you showed me (The one with the yellow tip commonly used in Sony connectors) is not the correct one?

Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Kiss off.
    For a very old user, this is quite offensive and immature...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Pikachu4170 View Post
    It's a female connector, but the kind that you showed me (The one with the yellow tip commonly used in Sony connectors) is not the correct one?
    So you need a female connector at the end of the wire, shouldn't be that hard to find. You need to get precise dimensions for the hole to match the pin on the player; the hole needs to be at least 0.1 mm bigger and the connector barrel could be 0.5 mm smaller. Just take the player to a place like radio shack and try all their connectors until you find one that fits close enough.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Originally Posted by Pikachu4170 View Post
    So you need a female connector at the end of the wire, shouldn't be that hard to find. You need to get precise dimensions for the hole to match the pin on the player; the hole needs to be at least 0.1 mm bigger and the connector barrel could be 0.5 mm smaller. Just take the player to a place like radio shack and try all their connectors until you find one that fits close enough.
    UPDATE: It was the yellow thing. I had one lying around all the time and it DID fit! I will solder it up soon enough.
    Quote Quote