VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a small palyer which plays mp4 format. Does any one know what tools I need to use to convert wmv, avi or real media files to mp4 format ??

Also does any one know how I can conevrt to AVR format
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mp4 is just a container format. Does it play divx/xvid, amv or something else?
    Day Dreamin' about John Waters...again.

The Naked Gord Program
    http://nakedgord.blogspot.com
    Humour, Politics, Gadgets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dvrvarma
    I have a small palyer which plays mp4 format. Does any one know what tools I need to use to convert wmv, avi or real media files to mp4 format ??

Also does any one know how I can conevrt to AVR format
    I remember once seeing a professional site about MP4 softwares,you can goes:

[LINK DELETED]

Hope it is useful to u!

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. SPAMMER
    / Moderator offline
    Quote Quote  
  4. To convert to MP4 you can use the software XviD4PSP. It's a very good software (freeware).
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That mp4 converter looks like an audio converter....

I use vidcoder or handbrake for video to mp4 video conversions. Xvid4psp is also good but I use it mostly for avi xvid conversions. All FREEE.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sammy388 View Post
    ...I need to convert files too and saw this software http://www.magix.com/us/mp4-converter/ and was wondering if anyone had tried it or if there's a better alternative. Is it comparable to XviD4PSP? More importantly, which is more affordable? Any suggestions would be amazing. Oh, and I'm converting wmv to MP4 if that helps narrow things down. Thanks!
    Maybe there should be a sticky on how to not just hit the first entry in a google search and how search engine optimization works. I've read more complaints and problems here with paid software than free. Encoders are generally NOT an area where you get what you pay for.

As mentioned above, mp4 is just a container, not a format. But you probably just need the right preset for a particular device.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use 'Any-video-converter', got it here:

http://download.cnet.com/Any-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-10661456.html

It is free, but, (!), they nag you to upgrade, at closing it, not too aggravatingly, tho
    Quote Quote