VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. While visiting a family member . . .

My inexpensive "Supersonic" SC-75JB 7"wi-fi tablet will not recognize ("see") his wi-fi transmitter ID, even within a few feet of it. The tablet is 802.11b/g/n capable.

This wireless router IS recognized by two smartphones, the netbook I'm typing on right now, and a Nook HD+, all of which are also wi-fi enabled. They "see" its ID without delay. The router is password-protected, but since the tablet can't "see" the router, there's no option to input a password.

This tablet has always connected to any nearby wi-fi without difficulty, so this seems to be very out-of-the-ordinary.

I've done the usual, rebooting, doublechecking all settings, etc.

While I may be overlooking the obvious, I can't see it.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the WiFi switch???
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you add a ssid manually to your tablet and input the p/w?I had to manually add in my routers ssid to my pc because it never saw the ssid of the router,after doing this it would connect and get online.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From google play store try something like "wifi fixer" for known android problems.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Check the WiFi switch??
    On. Tablet "sees" various SSIDs, but not this one.

Can you add a ssid manually to your tablet and input the p/w?I had to manually add in my routers ssid to my pc because it never saw the ssid of the router,after doing this it would connect and get online.
    Did that, but tablet shows that SSID as "not in range" even though I'm standing just a few feet away..

From google play store try something like "wifi fixer" for known android problems.
    Will do when I can connect the tablet to the internet.

Thanks for the suggestions. 'Tis an oddity!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you could ask him to change the channel the router is operating on. try something like 6 which is in the range all devices can use.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. you could ask him to change the channel the router is operating on. try something like 6 which is in the range all devices can use.
    Nephew who set up the system isn't available awhile and I would not presume to make such a change without his presence. This is certainly not a critical problem, just an oddity I've never seen before.

Since the tablet is a low-priced one, this may be a case of getting the quality (or lack thereof) I paid for, altho it has been a decent unit for several months (not wild about battery life, tho).
    Quote Quote