VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know why my Win7 computer quit "seeing" my Flip video recorder? It used to. I have an older Flip, one that you have to put batteries in, rather than charging. And this computer has the Flip software on it, I downloaded the videos many time off it.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Yes, the USB port is still good, I've used it for other hardware.

Thanks,

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    maybe Windows decided to just flip it off
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried uninstalling the camera software and then plugging it in? It should prompt you to reinstall it as it should be "brand new" to the computer without any preexisting software.

edit - also does this camera have a removable memory card? If so you could get the appropriate usb card reader model for your type of memory card and use that to copy the videos from the memory card.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yoda,

Tried the software idea. No go. Computer still doesn't recognize the camera when I plug it in. Also, no memory card.

I am beginning to fear it is a hardware problem with the camera. What a waste.
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a way you can test it on another computer (WITHOUT installing the software first)?
    It still may be a glitch with your set up and not the device.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tips-for-solving-problems-with-usb-devices
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    Is there a way you can test it on another computer (WITHOUT installing the software first)?
    It still may be a glitch with your set up and not the device.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/tips-for-solving-problems-with-usb-devices
    In lieu of that what about setting up a virtual os? Isn't there still a free virtual pc version out there? If there is install that and see if you can access your usb ports through the new windows installation in the virtual os.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote