VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    From what has been provided by you for me, the sthe bat script provided in post 65 works fine.
    Eventhough, i see some scenes of part 1 after inter.mp4.
    your quote:
    You can ensure you don't lose any meaningful part by specifying overlap of say 1min. The issue with it is that you have to specify the cut time (ex: 1 hour) and this cut may occur mid-conversation.
    Please say, where to correct it for overlap of 1 minute in the script posted in 65.
    Had you specified this in the script, please say the line and I will change it as per your reply.
    I think that the script has already has cut time of 1 hour , is it not
    expecing your reply
    Quote Quote  
  2. the second part will start at 59min if you change the line:
    ffmpeg -hide_banner -ss 01:00:00 -i %%f -c copy -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -y "./out/tmp2.mp4"

to
    ffmpeg -hide_banner -ss 00:59:00 -i %%f -c copy -avoid_negative_ts make_zero -y "./out/tmp2.mp4"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for immediate response.
    should I change anything in inter.mp4, as it is in REM line or i could leave as it is
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. REM ffmpeg -hide_banner -ss 00:09:50 -i %%f -t 100 -c copy -avoid_negative_ts make_zero "./out/inter.mp4"

If you remove REM it will create an inter.mp4 file starting before 9min50 with duration at least 100s.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, you could have just said , no change in the line.
    thank you very much, inter.mp4 is a common file, i understand now
    thanks for everything.
    will do batch conversion and thank you once again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, butterw, could you send the formula for a common inter.mp4 fixing A at 00:00:00:000 ms and upto a required B 00:00...........using ffmpeg, by taking input file as input.mp4 and output file as out.mp4.
    so that i could take this as inter.mp4 using ffmpeg instead of avidemux.
    Please say if this is correct
    ffmpeg -i inputFile -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss 00:00:00:000 -to 00:10:00:000 outputFile
    Evenhough milliseconds are required for video editing , can we view the milliseconds or it is enough, if we just point to the seconds as it could be seen in avidemux.
    i will use ffmpeg formula to cut and save as separate inter.mp4 common to all episodes
    Last edited by jraju; 23rd Jan 2021 at 22:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HI, BUTTERw,
    when i process a single file with the change of the formula, i get the error as enclosed. please advise
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jraju; 24th Jan 2021 at 01:36.
    Quote Quote  
  8. See this post for correct ffmpeg time syntax:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398507-Top10-Commands-for-Lossless-Video-manipulat...e)#post2592742

you can use seconds, no need for ms.
    Note that time displayed in avidemux will likely not quite match time in ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hI, BUTTERW,
    Thank you so much for your clue. There is no error and within minutes, i could easily process about 15files.
    Your clue on using the cut ffmpeg formula really worked.
    By the By , how you could just lead me to the correct portion of your answer in the link. is there a trick. Just I click and the response is just the correct lines in the link of the answer you have given in June the previous year.
    Is here a trick to exactly , load the correct line
    . amazing
    Thanks would be a too little word of praise
    thanks so much for jagabo and butterw once again.
    Could you please let me know, why that error comes on the first instance. is the formation of inter.mp4 posed a problem then
    this is for academic interest
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, butterw,
    please include code that , it just copies the file to the out folder if the input file is less than 1.00.00 hr. in the code post given by you, in post 65
    Quote Quote  
  11. - You can sort your folder on Length (at least on Win10) and move the files manually.

To do it via command-line you may need to use ffprobe.exe from ffmpeg to get duration in seconds, or mediainfo-cli
    >ffprobe -v error -show_entries format=duration -of default=noprint_wrappers=1:nokey=1 video.mp4
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I tried your formula
    for a file having less than 4 hr, the result shown as 3481.091000
    for more than 1hr file, the result is shown as 3766.778000
    how do i intrepret this
    Quote Quote  
  13. 1 hr = 3600 seconds

Again, I don't understand why you are willing to screw up all your videos when you can buy a media player with a resume feature for US$20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for all help in this thread
    Last edited by jraju; 6th Feb 2021 at 21:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo and butterw.
    I am now facing real problem.
    When i run the video in my tv and stops at the video at one hour and stops and then try to fastforward up to the point, the audio gets mingled and the total video begins to play with audio not in slyncrynized manner.
    The audio plays and vidoe plays but not at all in sync and i could not fastforward to the point in the video.
    what is that matters and how to rectify it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Its not impossible that a file plays OK on your pc but not on your tv, if that is what your asking.

As jagabo pointed out getting a cheap playback device you can plug-in to your tv is likely the preferable approach here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by jraju View Post
    I am now facing real problem.
    When i run the video in my tv and stops at the video at one hour and stops and then try to fastforward up to the point, the audio gets mingled and the total video begins to play with audio not in slyncrynized manner.
    The audio plays and vidoe plays but not at all in sync and i could not fastforward to the point in the video.
    what is that matters and how to rectify it.
    Cutting and pasting video without re-encoding is just asking for problems like that. The solution is not to do it. Again, the players built into TVs are very poor. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same problem playing the original video file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, Jagabo, and butterw,
    butterw and your tips on using avidemux, really solved the problem .
    I just select start point and end point and make two segments to save
    Now no need to go to the one hour to continue watching. of course, the file number just increased a few more.
    avidemux came in handy for segment saving.
    Thanks for you both. After saving a segment, reset the mark of start and end points is a pointer by butterw
    thanks
    Quote Quote