VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    My friend uses her phone to edit videos, she uses a program YouCut to trim out the bits she wants and uploads but i think YouCut is compressing/compromising the original quality. I ran a MediaInfo report on a file and it's in NTSC at 30fps, when the original source is PAL. Is there any good apps on Android that cuts without re-encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Gah.. she has now paid $12.99 to get rid of the ads. There surely must be something better than this?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There may be no way to avoid re-encoding the whole thing. Cell phones often produce variable frame rate video which is still incompatible with most video editing software and some playback devices.

Cyberlink PowerDirector might be better but the free version contains in-app ads. Adobe Premiere Rush also might be better but after the trial version of the app expires continuing to use it requires a monthly payment.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jan 2021 at 11:07.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Don't think those will work on Android. Android sucks when it comes to editing videos. Just my experience. Their file system is enough to not use it for editing videos.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Don't think those will work on Android. Android sucks when it comes to editing videos. Just my experience. Their file system is enough to not use it for editing videos.
    The editors I mentioned in my post are Android apps that are available from the Google Play Store.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.premiererush.videoeditor
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01

I'll change the links in my post to the Google Play links.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks usually_quiet. I haven't read the reviews on those two Android editors. Are they any good?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Thanks usually_quiet. I haven't read the reviews on those two Android editors. Are they any good?
    I haven't tried them myself. I have a cheap Android phone with a less-than-wonderful camera that I got for making calls and arranging curbside pickups. I recommended the apps on the basis of the long-established reputation of the companies responsible for them.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jan 2021 at 11:41.
    Quote Quote